Interactive Chat Roll

ok so here is what I've done so far, feel free to change and add this or maybe make a module to install it.

Just for reference I found the code here http://net.tutsplus....at-application/

1. install opkgmanager from modules

2. open opkgmanager and search and install: php4-mod-session

3. ssh into pineapple and edit /etc/php.ini

find ;extension=session.so and remove ;

should look extension=session.so

4. download this: http://www.mediafire...ajuc85/chat.zip unzip into your usb via scp if it makes it easier. I place it in my web/ folder

5. don't forget to sym link /usb/web to /www/

6. edit landing pager to url=/web/chat/index.php

7. reboot

8. turn on dnsspoof and have fun;-)

it's not the best looking thing but it works and can be improved.

Edited by petertfm

Just did a quick test and it works flawless :)

I'm very curious what people will say in chat, when they find out that all URL's are redirected to the chat page :lol:

3. ssh into pineapple and edit /etc/php.ini

find ;extension=session.so and comment the ;

Instead of comment the ; you mean remove the ; for those who don't understand ;)

Just did a quick test and it works flawless :)

I'm very curious what people will say in chat, when they find out that all URL's are redirected to the chat page :lol:

Instead of comment the ; you mean remove the ; for those who don't understand ;)

fixed;-)

and thanks:-D

btw log.html is where the chats are stored, so I was thinking every reboot to back that file up then start fresh.

Edited by petertfm

With a check for usb support so it will backup to usb first, if not then on the pineapple itself.

def usb, we can't be storing stuff on the pineapple when we have usb support, I'll have to look into how to append whats in log.html to say /usb/web/chat/full-log.log, most likely a startup script will do.

• 2 weeks later...

This interactive chat it's awesome!! : ) I've installed the first time and have no problems but, randomly, i'm experiencing issues with log.html.. In detail when i'm connected in the chat and i click "Send" actually it doesn't send anything, in fact the log.html remains empty (it's not writable).In addition to that instead i've noticed that the file is readble, infact doing a "echo test > log.html" i get the "test" message refreshing the chat index page but actually i can't send any messages (i've tried different devices so it can't be a browser issue). I've also tried a chmod 777 log.html and entire directory of the chat but with same results.. Someone is experiencing my same issues? Or any idea to fix that? Thx in advance :)

ptrac3

This interactive chat it's awesome!! : ) I've installed the first time and have no problems but, randomly, i'm experiencing issues with log.html.. In detail when i'm connected in the chat and i click "Send" actually it doesn't send anything, in fact the log.html remains empty (it's not writable).In addition to that instead i've noticed that the file is readble, infact doing a "echo test > log.html" i get the "test" message refreshing the chat index page but actually i can't send any messages (i've tried different devices so it can't be a browser issue). I've also tried a chmod 777 log.html and entire directory of the chat but with same results.. Someone is experiencing my same issues? Or any idea to fix that? Thx in advance :)

ptrac3

Hey, I got this problem too. Only at mine its different; it doesn't work on Ipad/iphone/ipodtouch. The rest works.

Hey, I got this problem too. Only at mine its different; it doesn't work on Ipad/iphone/ipodtouch. The rest works.

sorry guys I don't know why? I just copied the code from someone else, the link is in the first post.

I have experienced my android phone not updating the log too.

please feel free to modify or find something else that will work.

:::pulls out crown:::

Petertfm, I hereby crown you as KING OF ROLLS!

:::crowd bursts into applause:::

Thanks Peter for yet another great take on the rolls!

telot

• 9 months later...