• Pineapple² (squared)
    • √Pineapple (Square Pineapple)
    • mini-pini
    • Pineapple Slice
    • Pineapple Chunk

Topic OPEN again as a community prodject. MOD did not like this in jasager

the TL-MR3020

TL-MR3020-02.jpg

I just got one of these for $30 online new, this is the device that 'PirateBox' (just a File sharing idea) uses. Well because i love the damn size of this thing and it's stats I think i can make a mini-Pineapple with this guy. I just put OpenWRT on it with a simple upgrade to the firmware though the Web interface, took all of 2mins!

Some ideas, start jasager, vpn to a server to allow remote access, (through 3G, wifi, or WAN) load a cloud drive to save info or save to usb. leave it in a bush with a 5v 2000mA batter and pentest from home through VPN.

VPN would allow remote sniffing if Tunnel was open to.

I dont know, thoughts?!?!

Ok the stats:

CPU :Atheros AR7240@400MHz

Ram : 32M (14M free when all is said and done with /tmp )

Flash : 4M :( but plenty of room for packeges with extroot, usbmount, or sambafs mount

Network : 1 x 100Mb

USB : 1 x 2.0 (but the host may be able to suport 2)

Serial : Yes (but you dont need it)

Switchs : 3 Mode (I love this idea, i can just flip the mode to execute a script. 1 WPS (asign to a script as well or exec mode when pressed)

OpenWRT info: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

PirateBox info: PirateBox

I just think this mini-pineapple could even work in conjunction with the pineapple. Its just too cool for its size

Oh and they are making a Battery oprated builtin 3G/4G with a usb port and its the size of a small cellphone (pager size) but no word how much

Edited by ON-jOlt

• 3 weeks later...

is it possible to do the usb swap space trick from the pineapple on this router? just format the usb drive properly and then tweak fstab?? would that give us the increase in available storage that we need to really take advantage of this? or am i misunderstanding the purpose of that tweak.

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25882&st=0&p=198228entry198228

• 2 weeks later...

Very interested in this project, I have one MR3020 setup with Piratebox, which I'm trying to get logging set to see who's downloading what, as I can see some people will download "yeah_doggy_butt_secks_blonde.exe", so this seems a good way to distribute metasploit backdoors.

I have 2 more on order and will be setting one like the minipwner project, so the third I would like to get something like jasager working.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the TL-WR703N arrived from Hong Kong.

Pretty happy with it overall.

Surprisingly good range for a strip based antenna.

I managed to turn it into a nice little PirateBox within about 15mins all up.

Really easy to follow the guide.

Blogged about it here:

http://dunjen.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/digital-dead-drop/

I'm thinking I'll import another very soon and see what else can be done with it.

Edited by Mnemonic

• 1 month later...

i have the 3020 and a 703n the 3020 is doing full time duty backpacked onto my pineapple as a wifi network bridge, but im tooling around with the 703n. does anyone know how i could integrate the alfa-N wifi drivers into the openwrt on the 703n??

• 4 weeks later...

This project really intrigues me...

did you succeed in running karma on this device?

it only has 4MB of flash so i guess not all the tools available in pineapple mark IV can be installed here, not without an usb external storage, which will mean we can't get a secondi wireless card plueed in or a 3g modem.. am i wrong?

• 2 months later...

This project really intrigues me...

did you succeed in running karma on this device?

it only has 4MB of flash so i guess not all the tools available in pineapple mark IV can be installed here, not without an usb external storage, which will mean we can't get a secondi wireless card plueed in or a 3g modem.. am i wrong?

I was wondering the same thing. I have pretty kickass antennas and wifi usb cards that id like to use with it but it seems we need the usb flashdrive for it to work at all :(