Karma.log Killing /tmp

lostngone

I have a MkIII with 2.1.2 on it and I am just running dns spoof(no karma) at the moment. The problem is the karma.log grows at an extremely fast rate, it is so bad that /tmp fills up and within a few hours the Fon just grinds to a halt. Is there a way to stop this(log rotate, etc)? It is strange that it filling up so fast when karma isn't even running.

Here is a chuck of the log, it is pretty much these lines over and over again.

KARMA is disabled when handling probe request

Add randomness: count=88684 entropy=1087

Add randomness: count=88685 entropy=1087

Add randomness: count=88686 entropy=1087

STA 00:0e:58:42:22:da sent probe request without SSID or supported rates element

why not edit www/pineapple/startkarma.php and have it write the logs to the usb drive? (assuming you have one)

exec ("echo '' > /tmp/karma.log");

becomes:

exec ("echo '' > /usb/logs/karma.log");

I have not test this yet, but I do have two others working this way. error.php (phish.log) and urlsnarf.sh (urlsnarf.log)

my urlsnarf.log and phish.log both write to /usb/logs/

granted... not currently using the usb port with a modem, tethered.

NTF

why not edit www/pineapple/startkarma.php and have it write the logs to the usb drive? (assuming you have one)

exec ("echo '' > /tmp/karma.log");

becomes:

exec ("echo '' > /usb/logs/karma.log");

Unfortunately he is using the MK3 based off of the Alfa AP51 board which doesn't have a usb port.

This would work if using it for the MK4. will have to try it out. should free up a bit more memory for the MK4 to play around with.

Edited by Sebkinne

Ive been patient and tried to read the wiki and the forums but its getting me no where. I cannot get the Mk4 to automatically say yes to polls and assume identity as the provider. I am trying to understand a logical chain of events to more understand whats happeneing but am getting no where fast. If I manually sign on to the PineApple Mk4 I can get the RickRoll to work but just waiting it out does nothing. What should I look at first? Im assuming there is a log for karma somewhere yes? Could someone direct me to it?

Im running the newest firmware v1.0.2 I have a 16GB USB memory device attached also have a ZTE 4G Modem. Id appreciatre any assistance with this. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Ive been patient and tried to read the wiki and the forums but its getting me no where. I cannot get the Mk4 to automatically say yes to polls and assume identity as the provider. I am trying to understand a logical chain of events to more understand whats happeneing but am getting no where fast. If I manually sign on to the PineApple Mk4 I can get the RickRoll to work but just waiting it out does nothing. What should I look at first? Im assuming there is a log for karma somewhere yes? Could someone direct me to it?

Im running the newest firmware v1.0.2 I have a 16GB USB memory device attached also have a ZTE 4G Modem. Id appreciatre any assistance with this. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Welcome to the hak.5 forums bfap40!

The karmas log if found here on the MK4:

/tmp/karma.log

Dontknow if it needs to be running for that file to exist on the MK4 though.

As for your other questions on the MK4 ( for other members to help out more quickly) please repost this as a new topic.

and include as much as possible from Mr. Protocol's post here and we'll be glad to help!

Again WELCOME!

Edited by pewpew