Mk Iv Piggybacking & Ap51 Flashing?

Hey guys!

Been doing some trolling on the internet and im a little bit confused as to how to go about things. I have my new mark IV and went a bit crazy and bought a alfa AP 51 thinking that I could piggy back it and it could act as my second router to inject packets, airdrop-ng etc... Now I cant seem to get it placed into monitor mode in backtrack because it doesn't recognise it as its not a usb. So got a couple of questions before making future mods.

1) Do I flash my AP51 with the mark 3 - 2.1.2 firmware making it "better".

2) What are the benefits of piggy backing it to a mark IV?

3) If the Mark IV supports injection in the "pineapple interface" why doesnt it show up the same in backtrack (I.e I do not see mon0.wlan). Do I need to set it in monitor mode in another way or do I need to install the driver/firmware (madwifi?).

Any help would be appreciated! Starting to think maybe I should have bought another alfa which is USB based. I could always flash the AP51, sell it on and buy the alfa usb type. Looking forward to hearing some interesting options here! =D

Cheers guys.

The ap51 is not a usb device and you would need to connect it with ethernet and ssh into it. You could plug it into the mk4 and then ssh from you bt machine into mk4 and then into the mk3 (or forward it and stuffs but thats another post)

The benefits would be not needing a computer with it. You could use one to be karma and the other to handle deauths and your internet connection.

And yes I would flash it. Then you would pretty much have a mk4 minus the usb, second lan port, and some cpu power.

Thank you so much guys! I flashed it and it was surprisingly easy. Had a few minor issues but it went through after I chose to run it as administrator and also fiddling around with how quickyl I plugged it into the machine after clicking go. Now on to my next and hopefully final questions before this thread is over! Im hoping its the first thread of its kind so others can use it when they come to a similar situation. ;p

So basically got now a mark III 2.1.2 and mark IV 1.02. I plugged them in together and found from seb's github the wanport section. So I forwarded the iptables (see below) thinking thats what would set it up all proper. Bearing in mind when I do such things I basically dont have much knowledge of actually what this script does but I usually re-read throught the relevant threads and play around to see how it effects the pineapple.

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o wlan0 -s 172.16.42.0 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE

iptables save

So long story short after doing said method. The two pineapples don't want to play nicely. It basically messes it up in the sense that I can no longer connect to the "pineapple" wifi and browse the internet. In fact I cant even browse to the 172.16.42.1/pineapple page on the computer in which the ethernet cable is plugged in to. Tried SSH and thats a no go either. Shows connection refused.

My common sense tells me that hooking up to pineapples with the same ip address wouldnt work. I mean if I plugged them in separately they would still both be on 172.16.42.1/pineapple. So could it be in simple terms that the computer doesnt know which to connect to (I.e the mark III or mark IV). So thats my first issue. Ive played around by executing ifconfig wlan0 down on the mark III, disabling all the options such as karma, dnsspoof etc... before plugging it into the mark IV. And what about Karma running on both? Not sure how that would work exactly. And since both of them were showing an internet wifi point of pineapple I changed one of the SSID's to distinguish which one was which.

The mark III I left as pineapple

The mark IV I changed to Wifi Gratis.

So with all those issues of not being able to get to the main pineapple page and not being able to browse the internet etc... I disconnected the mark III and switched it off and the mark IV works as should again. 172.16.42.1/pineapple login page comes up, wifi is browsable on the wifi it gives out.

So could someone please shed some light as to how to go about it?

1) Will I end up with both giving out there own wifi access points?

2) Would both be browsable by people should they connect?

3) Oh and lastly as for the point of one running karma and the other running deauth's. Should I see on the site survey page mon.wlan0 and another showing mon.wlan1. I mean when I plug them in separately they both show there in monitor so wouldnt having two hooked up together show 2 wlan's in monitor?

4) Should I change one of their defualt address so I can log into them separately? How do I do that?

Lol Sorry for the essay but just want to make it as easy possible for you guys to see whats up. Im sure its something basic too... ;D Heres my settings below. (Wish I could snap a picture but the file size is ridiculously tiny!)

Kernel IP Routing Table

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface

default 172.16.42.42 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1

default 172.16.42.42 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 br-lan

172.16.42.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br-lan

172.16.42.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1

Site Survery

Monitor interface: mon.wlan0 enabled | Stop

WLAN interface: wlan0 enabled | Stop

Shouldnt there be another interface showing for the mark III too?