Problem With Mk4 And Parallels Under Osx

Thetra

Hi guy`s

just wondered, does any of you have experience with the pineapple running BT5 under parallels on a MBP.

to be honest this is my first try on parallels, and since i loved this little "Devil" so mutch i thought i needed to give it a go

on my mac running BT5R2 under parallels, I cant seem to find the correct network setting to get this working, i had a similar problem on my first Pineapple running VMware but this was solved in VMware network manager adding a Virtual network card, in parallels i cant figure out how to do this.

by the way, Absolutly love what Hak5 have managed to put into this beauty, Cudos to Darren, Seb and all of contributing parts.

Thetra

I'm still on Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Parallels 6 and BT5r1 and it seems to run well with an Alpha WiFi to connect to the Pineapple.

I think I played with wired (but currently using the wired port for ISC)

You may have to play with the network settings in Parallels, Bridged > default adapter will hook it into the Mac's network (ie:192.168.1.x)

I just tried to get the wired port to get an IP from the Pineapple with no luck.

Yo Thetra,

I have yet to try your configuration but can offer you a tested alternative. The apple usb Ethernet adapter works straight out of the box with backtrack 5. I use parallels to pass the usb connected Ethernet adapter+pineapple through to my backtrack Linux vm. I then forward the traffic through the bridged internal wifi adapter in my macbook air. This setup allows you to run meterpreter listeners on the backtrack vm for pwned clients to directly connect to rather than forwarding or installing metasploit on osx. The usb adapter made for the Air is cheap,small, sexy and is going to save you from nutting out the network flows.

Cheers,

IsoloT

Thank you both for your input, Unfortunaly the previous post was the last thing i managed to do on my mac before it died, :-( But as soon as i have managed to wake it up from the dead again i will give it a try yet again,

Anyway thank you

Thetra

Well... I managed to solve this, A rookie mistake but yet so easy to do, If any one here experience the same problem, Isolate the Parallels under > configure >Options> Security. Set network adapter to Ethernet under networking. And voila.. Rock and Roll. Now i am a happy camper again

Edit: Well it looks like i have miss calculated this a bit, Everything looks like it is working but after a test in lab environment wit 3 ea XP boxes also some linux boxes, No luck, hmmm.... weird enough, the pineapple shows but no auto connect, even dough i made a preferred network, I`ll give some more feedback's after i have tried it on a Win 7 machine. In the mean time, Does any of you wizards have a clue whats happening, I am running FW 1.0.2

Edited by Thetra