Poe To Pineapple Deriving Power From Usb

In another thread we were discussing POE to the pineapple. Here is my hacked cable that is POE and as a bonus, derives its power from a spare USB port. You can find the tutorial on my website, telot.org. Direct link: www.telot.org/usbpoehack.html

Also, apologies to my lower resolution brothers, the pics in this tutorial are huge as I didn't want to lose out on some of the detail.

Enjoy!

telot

Electrical tape is evil. :lol:

Heat shrink works much better, and doesn't get sticky after a week or so.

2012-01-05_22-53-53_402.jpg

Agreed! I ran out of shrink tube during the tutorial though :( This was more of a proof of concept - next I'm going to mod the wind-up ethernet cable that came with the pineapple. That will be done with all heat shrink for sure.

telot

In another thread we were discussing POE to the pineapple. Here is my hacked cable that is POE and as a bonus, derives its power from a spare USB port. You can find the tutorial on my website, telot.org. Direct link: www.telot.org/usbpoehack.html

Also, apologies to my lower resolution brothers, the pics in this tutorial are huge as I didn't want to lose out on some of the detail.

Enjoy!

telot

This is great, thanks telot!! Nice work and thanks for sharing!! :)

This is great, thanks telot!! Nice work and thanks for sharing!! :)

No problem hfam, its my pleasure. So it is also my pleasure to share my latest version of this cable :)

This time I used the wind-up ethernet cable that came with the pineapple, as its much cleaner look. Enjoy!

www.telot.org/betterusbpoecable1.jpg

www.telot.org/betterusbpoecable2.jpg

www.telot.org/betterusbpoecable3.jpg

www.telot.org/betterusbpoecable4.jpg

www.telot.org/betterusbpoecable5.jpg

telot

Edited by telot

Hi Telot.

Well i made a similar cabel for the Mk1 And i am curently using it for the mk111. Just a idea, If you use a dual corded USB cabel, The voltage messured on mine is now 8,7 V, It is Stabel and working 100% i used a short cabel since i have the AP51 attached to the back of my screen using a suction cup.

262vdox.jpg

Hi Telot.

Well i made a similar cabel for the Mk1 And i am curently using it for the mk111. Just a idea, If you use a dual corded USB cabel, The voltage messured on mine is now 8,7 V, It is Stabel and working 100% i used a short cabel since i have the AP51 attached to the back of my screen using a suction cup.

262vdox.jpg

Thats badass! I should've tested the dual usb cable...an electrical engineer friend of mine told me the dual usb just increased the current going down the line, not the voltage. Turns out he must be a liar! Thanks for the heads up Thetra!

telot

Thats badass! I should've tested the dual usb cable...an electrical engineer friend of mine told me the dual usb just increased the current going down the line, not the voltage. Turns out he must be a liar! Thanks for the heads up Thetra!

telot

Pretty sure he was right. Thetra's lappy is probably pushing out the same voltage either way.

Yea, just took one of mine apart, same voltage as a single.

Edited by barry99705