Psp Homebrew Possibilitys for Version 2.0-2.8...

Mr Andrewson

Correct me if i'm wrong but, wasn't this the same type (tiff) exploit used on the previous firmwares, for the original "hello world" application?

Also I'm pretty interested to how it actually works, anyone willing to shed some light on it for me?

It's not the same exploit at all...

This tiff exploit doesn't just crash your psp well... it does but when you boot it up again and go to your photos it will come up with a hamebrew app that runs on all firmwares.

In a week or 2 maybe more foolish me who upgraded will be able to run hombrew but not anything that tampers the flash such as custom boots and sounds.

But still be able to run emulators and such.

This will anger sony :)

ok i have a few questions. 1) has any one gottin this to work on 2.7 2) if so could you tell me in dumb person speak. and 3) if this doesnt get all 1.5 home brew, is there a way i can use this exploit to down grade to 1.5 or a homebrew compatiable firmware version?

thanks in advance

ok i have a few questions. 1) has any one gottin this to work on 2.7 2) if so could you tell me in dumb person speak. and 3) if this doesnt get all 1.5 home brew, is there a way i can use this exploit to down grade to 1.5 or a homebrew compatiable firmware version?

thanks in advance

A downgrader for firmware 2.71 -> 1.5 has already been released, but be careful,it is very buggy and the instructions aren't too clear. (Dont brick your PSP)

Also, you cant have a TA-082 PSP mobo.

You also need a file from someone with a 1.5 PSP

(or you can , OMG!!, illegally download the file.)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34338 (warning, thread with 57 (LONG) pages)

you know what. being as i cant afford a new psp. i think that ill wate until eather i am bored with it or i can aford a new one before i use that hack. but ill keep it book marked just in case i get the balls to use it

thanks.

also just for futre refferance (sorry bout spelling i dont have my contacts in yet) will the downgraded work on a 2.70 firm ware or will i have to up grade to 2.71 to use it

• 2 weeks later...