Rip Steve Jobs

krew790

He sure did chance the IT world and totally agree it won't be the same without him.

I'm not a fan of apple products or Steve Jobs, but the man is dead, so I can at least show respect for what his legacy leaves behind and what he had created. Just because I don't care for apple products, doesn't mean they didn't create innovative products the world over, which everyone uses. On a personal level, he was known to be a bit of a dick, both to co-workers and also family, including his first child. In later years, he apparently mellowed out and made amends with family and Apple, gave back more to the community and to colleges, etc, and worked his way back into Apple, putting them back on track. A complex man and set of circumstances, hes both loved and hated. Any way you look at it, he left pretty big shoes to fill with respect to leading Apple.

Its a shame he died from Cancer though. Anyone who has ever lost a loved from cancer, knows the horror it puts everyone through, including the person who has to live through it.

I wouldn't use his name and the words "revolutionary" or "visionary" in the same sentence. He was a good businessman, he was good at what he did - making tons of money.

Now that the enemies of open source are fading out hopefully we can really see what this technology stuff is capable of : )

I wouldn't use his name and the words "revolutionary" or "visionary" in the same sentence. He was a good businessman, he was good at what he did - making tons of money.

Now that the enemies of open source are fading out hopefully we can really see what this technology stuff is capable of : )

Not revolutionary or visionary? It doesn't matter if you like apple products or not, the fact of the matter is that everyone now adays has a iPhone, and I am literally responding from one. Sure he made money, but Steve Jobs wasn't just about that. He wanted to make so much more, and he did striving for perfection.

I think the point is, most of the stuff Apple release, he NEVER invented. Steve Wozniak made the first Apple computers, Steve Jobs was just the marketing man that saw something he could market and make money off. In the early days he ripped Steve Wozniak off in a business deal. Agreed to give Steve W half of the contract, which was about $5000 in the end. Steve W got about $250, because Steve Jobs said the deal came to $500, so lied to his mate.

Never like him when he was alive, so not going to suddenly respect him now he's dead.

I wonder if the same praise will be given to Steve Wozniak when he dies. I bet not, despite him being a better and nicer person.

Greatest person of our century... lol.

I hope when Jobs gets to the afterlife he is sentenced to using a limited Windows user account with the only installed programs being minesweeper and notepad for the rest of eternity.

I also hope he is forced to relive his life and someone creates an OS based on OSX and sells it and becomes super rich and Jobs has to complain that someone stole his OS and got rich off it :P