No More Post On Prev. Working System

eovnu87435ds

Hey, does anybody have some knowledge that could help me out here?

I have been building up my computer for quite a while, and this summer, I built a case for my system out of an old Power Mac G5 case. I have had this thing powered off and put away for almost the entire summer, and over the summer I have added a liquid cooling loop, A bluray burner, and a second graphics card to do crossfire. The thing is, once I built everything up, I have a non-functioning computer!

Here are my symptoms:

1. Green LED on mobo(used to remind you that your PSU still has power and is powering the mobo) is on.

2. Power supply is confirmed to function properly

3. On power on, fans and pump run full speed, all peripheral devices work.

4. Fans/pump stay full speed until I hold the power button for 2 seconds to turn it off.

5. No POST beeps, no video out.

And here is my system specs: (All links point to newegg for quick specs lookup.

Mobo: Asus P7P55 LX

CPU: Intel Core i7-875k

GPU: 2x Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 eyefinity6

RAM: 12GB Mushkin Enhanced PC3-10666, 9-9-9-24 (only 4GB installed for test)

HDD: 4x Samsung 500GB drives(not connected)

ODD: sony BWU-200S bluray burner(not connected)

PSU: Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000w

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, As I just got my whole system plumbed and filled, and I will be leaving for college in 3 days

Double check power to the GPU, or remove it all together and power it on. Remove all memory, add 1 at a time and boot for each one at a time, unless it needs to be in pairs. Check all cables, pins for power, etc.

It happened to me too when I built my first computer, nothing would come on the screen. Basically remove all the cables, only connect the essentials power to the board, HDD and Graphics card and only add a single RAM module.

Also make sure the CPU is sitting properly and try again.

If that fails, reset the bios. If you still get nothing, try to make it beep (like removing the all the memory) and work up from their.

As you have water cooling , did you allow for a CPU fan? i.e. is the bios detecting the cpu fan is at 0 RPM and not booting?

Good point, in the BIOS you will need to disable the CPU fan or the system will halt during the booting process. Had to do this on mine, since I'm running water cooling on my rig.

Thanks guys, but I tried all of these suggestions but to no avail. Originally, I put the sensor line for the pump on the cpu fan line, but ran power directly from the PSU(since the pump is rated for up to 2A). I unplugged this and ran with some random 120mm fan I had plugged in the CPU port. The fan spun, but still no post. I did send an email to newegg and they said that they would gladly take it back(even though it is far out of warranty), so I am quite happy! I did take that chance to upgrade to a nicer mobo and got the Asus Maximus III gene and it runs spectacularly! Thanks!