Who Makes This Router?

V3NG3NC3

so I am at my friends campus and I noticed this router there and it's blasting through 4 stories of concrete walls and 1/4 mile away and I was still picking it up. I'd like to know more about it. Who makes this? Is it open-wrt compatible?

router.jpg

Edited by V3NG3NC3

Only thing it had on it was 125 in the center and a serial number and MAC address on the side. But other then that it was blank. I am sure it might have said something on the back of it, but didn't wanna mess with it. Yes, it is an access point. but the net it's self, WAS, firewalled, but this was an open access point, which is so wrong in my book, but maybe they find out the hard way

Edited by V3NG3NC3

I did a search in the DD-WRT router database and could not find any compatible firmware for Aruba wireless APs.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Its just a matter of deciding where to place them, on the wall side, on the ceiling, on top of the roof (this is set up the school I went to had) a plastic box where the AP was housed and a long metal pole with an antenna attached to it.

The only issue was the antenna was not that strong enough, it could only broadcast its signal to 300 or 400 meters. The AP was a linksys WR54G with a flushed tomato firmware.

Its just a matter of deciding where to place them, on the wall side, on the ceiling, on top of the roof (this is set up the school I went to had) a plastic box where the AP was housed and a long metal pole with an antenna attached to it.

The only issue was the antenna was not that strong enough, it could only broadcast its signal to 300 or 400 meters. The AP was a linksys WR54G with a flushed tomato firmware.

That is why most use cisco access points in a mesh. I have an aironet 1200 series i should really hook up sometime.

That is why most use cisco access points in a mesh. I have an aironet 1200 series i should really hook up sometime.

Yeap, that's what my university I went to had set up, Cisco APs configured in a mesh mode, with WPA2 Enterprise and Radius Authentication.