Securitytube Wlan Video Series

Iain

I'm sure that many here will be aware of SecurityTube. Vivek has been busy creating 13 (at the latest count) instructional videos that deal with the basics of WLAN security and building upon that to develop methods of bypassing it. I'd urge anyone who has an interest in this field to check out his site.

Disclaimer: I do not have anything to do with SecurityTube but am just an avid follower!

The videos are very informative and fun to watch, I'm going to be downloading them.

Just finished watching the last video and have to say its a complete guide to wireless security.

Anyone who's really into wireless security or wants to know more about it, should with no doubt watch it.

I'm astonished by just how quickly he churns out such informative material, and for FREE! Of course there are many videos on YouTube (etc.) that simply show how to do a particular attack but Vivek clearly knows his stuff and expains exactly what's happening at the packet level. Such detailed information and complicated maths may not be for everyone but this approach suits me. I wonder if he could be enticed to work with Darren and Snubs on a segment in an episode? Maybe I'll fire a message to them to ask about this.

I'm astonished by just how quickly he churns out such informative material, and for FREE! Of course there are many videos on YouTube (etc.) that simply show how to do a particular attack but Vivek clearly knows his stuff and expains exactly what's happening at the packet level. Such detailed information and complicated maths may not be for everyone but this approach suits me. I wonder if he could be enticed to work with Darren and Snubs on a segment in an episode? Maybe I'll fire a message to them to ask about this.

Would be nice to see Vikiv as guest in the show!

I really like this post, i really like security tube, thanks for posting;and hi. :)

He is going to be uploading other videos on metasploit and other related security topics eventually.

I must say that I am really liking that series as well, a very detailed look into

what is going on.

The use of wireshark in such detail is a first for me to see in videos as well which

I find very interesting.

Just hope he is able to continue with his usual enthousiasm as he is pumping out videos

like there is no tomorrow !!

That's one of the nice things, I really appreciate about Vivik, he really takes the time to explain what is really going on at the packet level.

His tutorials have really driven me towards being more interested and focused on wireless security like never before.

Edited by Infiltrator

His series has done the same for me, I always liked the wireless side of things

but just learned how to use the tools without really having the required knowledge

of what was going on.

Now I find myself just scrolling through wireshark captures for fun, which is new..

I also just have a good time watching the episodes, there isn't a single episode

wherein he doesn't make me chuckle :D

Edited by TAPE

Must say this opened my eyes,

As said before i used to just youtube for different attacks and methods.

This guy explains everything in detail which (For me) is great.

I deffinitely recommend this to anyone who wants to learn about it!

Vivik has done an excellent job presenting this series. I appreciated that he was going at a casual pace while demoing throughout Wireshark. I had tried some of Laura Chappel's videos and if you happen to blink or the ADD kicks in forget about it. I found myself rewatching her tuts many times over and over. Still gonna have to pick up the Wireshark U book sometime though but it's just so damn expensive.

I don't know how many of you are aware, but he has released the first Cracking WEP Challenge for the series.

He is going to be release, with different level of difficulties as the series progress.