Wimax!

The Sorrow

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in the 4G myth?

Can't wait for the National Broadband network construction here in Australia to be concluded.

Back to the 4G Myth, does it offer any coverage increase at all, or is it only the speed that improves.

Edited by Infiltrator

Sprint, AT&T, TMobile all really have 3.5G networks but Verizon has LTE which is a truly 4G network. That being said, you cram enough users (eg: large cities) onto a few towers and you'll probably have a hard time noticing the different between 3G and 4G.

Edited by dr0p

my phone only texts and make phone calls; i dont not have any data with it, so im out of the loop and dont care when people go on about 4g on their phone. I feel it just 3g but they just change the 3 to a 4 and that was it no other change.

Basically 4G is a whole new network with its own towers etc. It is not even nation wide in the US yet.

Of course it's not nationwide. The US is huge. We don't even have 3G nationwide. It's in most of the major cities now though.

Of course it's not nationwide. The US is huge. We don't even have 3G nationwide. It's in most of the major cities now though.

Well no network can truly be nationwide. The only one that is even close is the internet and its not quite nation wide. However 3G is prominent enough to claim the 'nation wide' title.