Looking For A Tool To Display Http Tcp Captures As Images.

revisualize

I'm wondering if there is a tool out there that would take a TCPDump or Wireshark capture and reconstruct the HTTP data stream to show users web experience parsed as an image or video stream. I would like to have a video stream of the GET request then be able to see the stream as a user sees it in a web browser. Sure I can look at the data capture and pull the HTML create a file and drop all the HTML in there. But, that is a long drawn out process and I really don't want to do that when I know it can easily be turned into something like a JPG or video file.

I know (because I don't want to be flamed by newbs), I would NOT be able to directly see the 'user experience' as what happens on the client side isn't available in the network traffic.

As far as I know there is no pcap to avi program lol. The closest thing I think would be hamster/ferret if i'm not mistaken that can take the packets live and duplicate them in your own browser. Then you can see the page changes they make. You also have to MITM and ofc on a test network you setup. From there you can just use a desktop recording software.

Try NetworkMiner - http://networkminer.sourceforge.net/. I know it reconstructs image files and other data, but not sure if it will reconstruct avi files as well. Worth trying and finding out though.

hamster/ferret is as far as you can go, in terms of viewing a user's current web session but it won't record in an AVI format. That can be done, but that will need to be hard coded.

Wouldn't hurt to have provided a little more feedback than that.

If I understand your initial question right. You want to reconstruct the traffic captures and display what they saw as an image or video stream?

I don't think there is such tool that can do that, the only way to achieve that would be recording the screen as the data gets reconstructed.