Easiest Way To Make A Flash Design?

I am trying to create a flash design for a website, nothing super fancy, just something that moves around maybe has a little truck drive across the screen with a cool background or something like that.. any suggestions? I got the demo of Adobe flash CS5 but it is confusing, I am still learning photoshop lol

I used to have some program I forget the name that was easy, just select graphic for background, foreground, effects and stuff for the picture to do or to animate it a certain way... any ideas? Thanks! (I also would like to specify the size of each flash animation)

Well, the whole site is not going to be flash just the header. Just a simple graphic that has some type of animation even, that consists of multiple scenes. Boss man wants some thing flashy because all the people above him on google search have that type of thing on their site.

Well, the whole site is not going to be flash just the header. Just a simple graphic that has some type of animation even, that consists of multiple scenes. Boss man wants some thing flashy because all the people above him on google search have that type of thing on their site.

You can use Photoshop to create animation sequences and save them as animated GIF files, but they wont have any sound or anything like that. You could also convert a GIF to flash sequence by importing it into flash, and then adding audio if you needed sound, but if its not flash intensive and just needed to be an animation of some sort, look in your photoshop program and under window menu select animation. You then add frame by frame what you want and can tween each sequence so they animate smoothly. Be warned, large GIF animates will create huge files, and dont load quickly the way a flash app would progressively. If the file gets over 2 meg, you might as well learn flash. Even at 1 meg, an animation is considered a page load issue and for SEO and such, sites that take longer to load get poor results in search engine rankings.

what they said ... css can do 'animation' to some degree ie simple rollover rollout mousedown effects etc

flash is pants imo html and css are all you should need with alittle dhtml and javascript ;)

flash is good for games and interactive designs ... gif are widely compatible

.... you could make 2 versions of the site with links to both from a splash screen but i think this is shit too

@DigiP - Pic will need to be 1000px by 275px, so I am thinking that would be to big for a animated .gif. I used to have some program that made it so simple to make a flash design my grandmother could do it, just forget the name lol

@Jamza - The design has to be huge, like a 3 second animation movie at 1000px by 275px, something that hits the end user like POW!

@Trip - I have css for buttons and such so when the mouse runs over the buttons it highlights. I need to make something real jazzy though and think I may need to learn flash. I will check out the macromedia version instead of cs5 (think I allready have a copy)

EDIT:::

I found it, if you ever need to make a quick flash here is the program you need if you are not experienced in Flash design lol.. Sothink SWF easy

Edited by 555