Redesigning Desktop Wallpaper Setup

7h3kk1d

So I'm redesigning my desktop on all 3 of my machines(macbook pro, linux desktop and linux laptop). I'm looking for some cool backgrounds to start with and then I'm going to integrate conky and geektool(mac) into the interface. I'm looking for an attractive way to display sysinfo, date, time, and other interesting things(maybe quote of the day).

I'm a compsci/ math major in college so I love computers and technology and linux.

I also like comics, bikes and juggling. I also really like abstract backgrounds in stuff.

Please post ideas!

haha lol

I recommend http://customise.org/ you'll see some great displays of wallpapers and add-ons that people are using.

Rainmeter is quite popular but is that windows only? There was a post in forums about setting up linux from scratch and that has some nice add-ons in it Perfect Ubuntu set up

Personally I run a conky for my linux lappie and a G15 with the addons I want for my desktop, although the G15 app switching is annoying at times I thought there was some sort of priority event system so apps come to the front but it never works

Edited by cykio

haha lol

I recommend http://customise.org/ you'll see some great displays of wallpapers and add-ons that people are using.

Rainmeter is quite popular but is that windows only? There was a post in forums about setting up linux from scratch and that has some nice add-ons in it Perfect Ubuntu set up

Personally I run a conky for my linux lappie and a G15 with the addons I want for my desktop, although the G15 app switching is annoying at times I thought there was some sort of priority event system so apps come to the front but it never works

thanks