Hacker toolkit

Relativity

Thats a bit random... and came across as a bit demanding... but never the less. I usualy carray a copy of PHLAK around with me (yes, I know it's frozzen at verions 0.3, but it works). I have tried Knoppix STD in the past and have had major problems with it. Never got around to trying Whoppix.

whois, nmap, nessus, autoscan, netcat, ethereal/wireshark, metasploit, kismet, tcpdump, ssldump, dsniff, ettercap, nikto, aircrack, l0phtcrack, etc

Basically all the stuff on nUbuntu 8)

Theres only one tool you really need and that a compiler :wink:

Top 100 Network Security Tools: http://sectools.org/.

That'll do.

Lol. Thats like going into a water gun fight with a hydrogen bomb. Lol.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :roll: (Granted in an real-life water gun fight I would show up with a hydrogen bomb....provided I could get my hands on one...)

I carry 4 live cds around with me. Helix, Knoppix, Slax, and a cd called boot disk that will load the sam file on a windows machine and allow you to blank out passwords.

Why do you carry all that you can just buy a 1 or 2 GB flash drive and build your own customised Slax using MySLAX Creator and MySLAX Modulator.

I carry 4 live cds around with me. Helix, Knoppix, Slax, and a cd called boot disk that will load the sam file on a windows machine and allow you to blank out passwords.

Why do you carry all that you can just buy a 1 or 2 GB flash drive and build your own customised Slax using MySLAX Creator and MySLAX Modulator.

I can't speak for degoba, but I carry CDs rather than a flash drive because almost all the machines I work on won't boot from USB :)

I can't speak for degoba, but I carry CDs rather than a flash drive because almost all the machines I work on won't boot from USB :)

But you can still fit pretty much everything you could need on one CD, two if you need a lot of things, or you could make a DVD.

You want an honest answer metatron. Im lazy when it comes to that type of thing. Id rather carry around 4 seperate cds then spend the time customizing. I already have enought customization on my hands with one pc running freebsd, and another running arch linux.

But you can still fit pretty much everything you could need on one CD, two if you need a lot of things, or you could make a DVD.

That's very true... Which is why I carry only one live CD, a couple of blank CDs, my laptop with ISOs, a couple of USB keys (only small ones unfortunately) and a few other bits and pieces like a patch cable and a null serial cable.

I finds backtrack pretty good, gui mode gets a bit messy (slow due to cd boot) but everythings pretty easy to access through the shell, before that was auditor (which baktrack is now derived from)

both at www.remote-exploit.org

That and the NT password offline editor :)

And Vako, is it worrying i have a Cat5 Etherkiller :P? .. only with a 3 pin UK plug on... Long live power over ethernet lol!