Is It Bricked?

So I had my fon2100 working a few months ago I cant remember the ip address to connect to it but im not even sure if its working now because when i have it connected via ethernet cable and then ip config i get an ip of 169.254.204.53 and a blank default gateway so im not sure if its shot or somethings wrong with it did a ip scan couldnt get anything to come up, if im forgeting something id be greatfull for help if its bricked (which idk why it would be it worked fine last time i used it but i havent used it in awhile) can it be unbricked through the camera cable?

So I had my fon2100 working a few months ago I cant remember the ip address to connect to it but im not even sure if its working now because when i have it connected via ethernet cable and then ip config i get an ip of 169.254.204.53 and a blank default gateway so im not sure if its shot or somethings wrong with it did a ip scan couldnt get anything to come up, if im forgeting something id be greatfull for help if its bricked (which idk why it would be it worked fine last time i used it but i havent used it in awhile) can it be unbricked through the camera cable?

It is definitely not bricked. The problem is that ip on your fon is probably conflicting with your machine so then it gives it an automatic ip. Check the ipv4 configuration for your ethernet connection [make sure it's set to "Obtain an ip automatically"] and make sure the wifi connection is not sharing the internet to the ethernet connection[in other words disable ICS]. Now reboot or re-connect the ethernet cable. It should work, if not then just re-flash it using Gargoyle fon flash.

It is definitely not bricked. The problem is that ip on your fon is probably conflicting with your machine so then it gives it an automatic ip. Check the ipv4 configuration for your ethernet connection [make sure it's set to "Obtain an ip automatically"] and make sure the wifi connection is not sharing the internet to the ethernet connection[in other words disable ICS]. Now reboot or re-connect the ethernet cable. It should work, if not then just re-flash it using Gargoyle fon flash.

By the sounds of it he has it on Obtain an ip due to a 169 address coming back; I have the same problem too working on it right now.

169 means it tried to get an IP through DHCP and failed, are you running a DHCP server on the network somewhere?

in your other post you say get a dhcp server meaning plug it into another router to give the fon an ip or give yourself a static. If i dont know my fon's ip i cant really do static because it may no be on same ip as me guesing; and when i plug it into the router the fon should show up under the Dhcp clients like my laptop does Right?

Depends on whether you set your Fon to get its IP from DHCP or gave it a static one. If it doesn't get DHCP address but you think it should just get a sniffer going on that bit of network and look out for DHCP requests to see if it broadcasts them when you power it on.

i had it on automatically obtain an ip adress and that where im getting an ip of 169.254.94.142 which give me nothing really because im almost 100% sure the fons ip doesnt start with 169.

i ran wireshark when it first gets connected and i get a broadcast arp protocol from the fon request of a gratuitous arp for 192.168.1.254 so im assuming thats the fons ip address but i keep getting put on 169 sounds like i need a static ip address set up?

and i just now read your post about that ip address so it must be that the fon is a dhcp client and so is my computer so there having issues.... so what would be the best way to fix this? is there a way to gain telnet access to change it through console or set a static ip address but then the problem becomes what ip address... so idk... before when i had it working my windows xp netbook was sharing its wifi connection with the ethernet port giving the fon internet while i connected to it via ethernet any thoughts?

Edited by ookjmk

i had it on automatically obtain an ip adress and that where im getting an ip of 169.254.94.142 which give me nothing really because im almost 100% sure the fons ip doesnt start with 169.

i ran wireshark when it first gets connected and i get a broadcast arp protocol from the fon request of a gratuitous arp for 192.168.1.254 so im assuming thats the fons ip address but i keep getting put on 169 sounds like i need a static ip address set up?

and i just now read your post about that ip address so it must be that the fon is a dhcp client and so is my computer so there having issues.... so what would be the best way to fix this? is there a way to gain telnet access to change it through console or set a static ip address but then the problem becomes what ip address... so idk... before when i had it working my windows xp netbook was sharing its wifi connection with the ethernet port giving the fon internet while i connected to it via ethernet any thoughts?

nvm lol i just reflashed it its working fine now lol now to set up ics