Change Ip Adress

You need to install X-wrt (aka webif) if you want a web configuration interface.

how do i go along doing this; sorry we just pulled the pineapple out after a year and forgot everything.

We have the pineapple ethernet to the laptop and the laptop wireles throught my home network but when i go to the ip adress 192.168.1.1 since my home router is that; that appears instead of fon. Am i thinking this torugh Right?

Ok i got in with another fon router i have but i change the settings to this

http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12963

I got to the open wrt page went into networks then networks tab agian

then chane then choose dhcp server to 192.168.0.250

and subnet to 192.168.1.250

then saved the page turn to no connection now i am having problems connecting to the router lan; i do get the wifi too but still can get back into router

I get a 169 ip address on the pc so it a loopback not finding it.

Edited by krew790

i have tryed many things from setting up static ip to various 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.27 , 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, and so far due to i change the ip to 192.168.0.250 my laptop ip being 192.168.0.2 should allow me to connect.

I have also try connecting to a router and yet no result didnt give the fon a ip;

Sniffed for the new traffic with chain; still nothing

trying with new router give results soon;

Is the router bricked it does broadcast the ssid still

Edited by krew790

I'm sure this has been explained in the setup guide.

Here is my setup I did and the IP scheme I did.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARW_kKn3...uthkey=CJ6w2ZIJ

Step 5

I have a new problem now

the problem is i dont know my routers ip adress to login i followed that tut did the changes i did now blocked out of the router no way to change it because i cant get in it so i trying to find a way back into it so i can change the setting to the right settings

Edited by krew790

I have a new problem now

the problem is i dont know my routers ip adress to login i followed that tut did the changes i did now blocked out of the router no way to change it because i cant get in it so i trying to find a way back into it so i can change the setting to the right settings

If you followed my instructions and did this step

8) Login to Webif - Network Tab, Networks subtab, Set IP address 192.168.169.169 with netmask 255.255.255.0 ---Save settings and apply

Then your jasger will be on IP 192.168.169.169

If you followed my instructions and did this step

8) Login to Webif - Network Tab, Networks subtab, Set IP address 192.168.169.169 with netmask 255.255.255.0 ---Save settings and apply

Then your jasger will be on IP 192.168.169.169

I followed this one http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12963

and step 4 is where it got screwed up

OK i have it connected to the lan with a Ethernet cord to my laptop like so:

photo0204c.jpg

And the ip comes up as 169 meaning that it can't get a ip assigned becaouse the router isn't giving them out

photo0205x.jpg

So right now i am stuck yes i have read the stickies.

And i have been messing around with my ip trying to config it to what i think the setting of the router are.

I have try pluging it into a router to get an ip address.

I have try Telnet into it too, and various other things. Just need more ideas on how to get into it or give it a ip.

Right now my problem isn't trying to change the ip like the title becase i cant edit it

The main problem i getting the the open wrt Gui page so i can chnage the settings back from what i did.

OK i have it connected to the lan with a Ethernet cord to my laptop like so:

And the ip comes up as 169 meaning that it can't get a ip assigned becaouse the router isn't giving them out

So right now i am stuck yes i have read the stickies.

And i have been messing around with my ip trying to config it to what i think the setting of the router are.

I have try pluging it into a router to get an ip address.

I have try Telnet into it too, and various other things. Just need more ideas on how to get into it or give it a ip.

If you are getting a 169 address that means your machine is trying to get an IP from DHCP and failing. Do you have a DHCP server on your network?

Right now my problem isn't trying to change the ip like the title becase i cant edit it

The main problem i getting the the open wrt Gui page so i can chnage the settings back from what i did.

Can I ask you to start a new thread then rather than joining in on one that isn't really about what you are trying to do.