Does This Site Have Pfh ?

Search a little longer? I usually spend hours, days trying to figure stuff out on my own. Mainly because I know the people that KNOW how to do stuff are not all that inclined to help a noob. Funny because I doubt these same people just blew out the womb talking in 0's and 1's .

So is there someone here that will accept payment to help me get my pineapple 2 fresh again?

Paying $100 ish bucks does not come with at least one get out of jail free card?

Thanks for any one that has the time to help.

Wow what a bad day I am having. I typed a bunch of stuff, must have hit wrong key now its all gone.

What are some tests I can do to get it back up?

Last settings were 192.168.0.250 something i read in a wiki.

But I did the dhcp thing, also in same wiki, picture less one to be exact.

Now its looking, I guess for a dhcp server, I have a linksys router, tried some stuff with it, could not see it connect.

But I can wifi in to it and get the net. If i hook to home router I can get right to the fruit then the net but how to get to any control panel, is beyond me.

Since I see the ssid as netgear4, I changed it to that, does that mean i did not mortar it all the way?

I really appreciate any help in this matter. If you have any ac or heat questions I will be happy to help.

You can either reflash it, or check your default gateway settings (or nmap -sP) and try get in to it from the LAN side.

When I tried nmap, my first time, it asks for an ip, the only one it gets is 0000 or 169.x.x.x doesnt show anything.

Can't I set some ips for nic and have it connect, its looking for dhcp. But what settings for ip and gateway would I use, tried combinations of those 192.168.1.1 last setting of 192.168.0.250 was used, would it still use that.

What about using router, tried to connect it to there to see what it would get, nothing, cant see it as a dhcp client.

OK re flash, does this mean getting a serial cable? I know there are instructions but which fon is this, fon2 I would think but don't know for sure.

Download freifunk or some other firmware flasher http://wiki.freifunk.net/Freifunk_Firmware_%28English%29

Download my firmware http://www.digininja.org/jasager/download.php

Run the flasher with my firmware

Can I claim my $100 please?

Wow you are so nice, it is so hard to find people these days that actually care and want to help.

hey i offered help first lol, 50/50?

Just for grins would you or any one really take money to help me? If so can you be a little more reasonable?

Is it because you know I was ripped off for over 1000 that I must be fair game.

When I bought the PA2 for that that much I did so knowing I do not have time to do all the things, you will laugh here, that it looks like I now get to do any way. Only for my reasons its really too late. The people I am after have already, most likely got rid of my little red book with my little girls videos.

So if it makes you all feel better laugh away. Enjoy your Karma, at least yours works.

No I wouldn't expect money for giving the info on this topic specifically, but would gladly accept.

And I'm not sure what you are saying... especially about little girls videos?

I thought these forums were here in order to help out users needing assistance with a particular issue not to charge them.

Edited by Infiltrator

If I were in this for the money then I wouldn't have released all the tools I have for free. I'm sure I've sometimes doubled my normal 40 hour week writing, testing and supporting my tools.

And Mr-Protocol sure we could come to some deal on splitting it :)

No I wouldn't expect money for giving the info on this topic specifically, but would gladly accept.

And I'm not sure what you are saying... especially about little girls videos?

My netbook and other stuff were stolen, my girls videos and pics are on there. I now have pin pointed the people within an apartment complex. My plan was to use the PA2, by the way is that a Fon or fon 2 or + because I need to know this when I crack it open (good thing I found the hidden post on screws under feet).

Of course now I am thinking a basic router might have worked but after watching all the videos here I got excited that I might have a chance of finding my laptop.

Of course if they change mac address well but then I am hoping that is over there head.

When I bought the PA2 my thought was sure its a lot of $$ when a fon could be bought for less but then there is all the time getting it together. Something I have plenty of in winter but not now. I also felt it was helping the forum which helps all as a whole, like a happy family.

I read the forums, over and over, searched the net. There is hardly anything out there on this. And some instructions don't apply to the one I have.

So I plug it in a router, it should get an address because I fiddled and faddled too much setting the dhcp. well only server I have is an old router, it does not show up in log or dhcp clients. Maybe I left it bridged and dhcp.

All of the instructions for re flashing seem to require being able to talk to it, but how?

So my thought is I need to buy or build a serial cable. Ok can I use one that goes on actual serial port of a computer, if so I have what I need.

My other thought was using a hub on router with PA2 / notebook, packet program, it would see all traffic, maybe I could catch the IP.

I understand why many don't want to help right off, your sick of hearing it. Like the teacher saying to, "go look it up in the dictionary". My plans of building a linux box started late summer, been too busy, but with the high hosting VPS fees I have to do something soon. Which in turn will teach me all this stuff, over time.

You've completely lost me now. Why would a Fon help get a laptop back?

And I'll say again, you don't need serial cables or anything like that, get the flashing software, read their manual on how to use it, it is really easy from what I've seen just point it at my firmware files you've downloaded and let it go. It runs the flash over ethernet. You don't have to open anything up, no screws need taking out, nothing technical, literally plug in Cat5, click a couple of times on GUI, power on Fon and wait a while.

You've completely lost me now. Why would a Fon help get a laptop back?

And I'll say again, you don't need serial cables or anything like that, get the flashing software, read their manual on how to use it, it is really easy from what I've seen just point it at my firmware files you've downloaded and let it go. It runs the flash over ethernet. You don't have to open anything up, no screws need taking out, nothing technical, literally plug in Cat5, click a couple of times on GUI, power on Fon and wait a while.

Don't laugh, you know my experience in this is NOP. My hopes were to set a rule in commview looking for my mac address. While in an area where I think the laptop is at they might connect to the FON. I know this is so unlikely but its all I have, well sort of but I have said too much, they might be reading this.

Back to my problem. At this point I just want to know how to work with the FON but a few questions have not been answered. I really have looked all over and tried this and that.

1. I bought a pineapple 2 is this a FON, FON2, Fon+ ? does it matter?

2. Must a crossover cable be used? I have an old linksys befw11s4, with FON plugged in to it, I can wifi in using the ssid I created, which is still set. All I get is linksys page at 192.168.1.1

3. How to set my nic up to talk to the FON in easy steps from xp ? I have tried all sorts of settings and monitor what is going on using commview. By the way I have had this program for many years back when it cost $99, it is what I am use to using. I do now have wireshark, and it looks promising. I need to eat all my pineapple before moving on.

4. Many of the instructions mention using putty, had it for years to obtain root access for my server but in my case if I don't know the ip how can I re flash anything?

5. I am missing something that is most likely pinging me in the face.

Lastly, I just downloaded backtrack and already have ubuntu ready to go, will most likely place them each on separate machines as I want a server that is stand alone. but can I do any of this out of xp ?

I really thank you all for helping me in this matter. When I get my laser operated fly killing machine up and running I will share the design with all that are interested.

Don't laugh, you know my experience in this is NOP. My hopes were to set a rule in commview looking for my mac address. While in an area where I think the laptop is at they might connect to the FON. I know this is so unlikely but its all I have, well sort of but I have said too much, they might be reading this.

Back to my problem. At this point I just want to know how to work with the FON but a few questions have not been answered. I really have looked all over and tried this and that.

1. I bought a pineapple 2 is this a FON, FON2, Fon+ ? does it matter?

no

2. Must a crossover cable be used? I have an old linksys befw11s4, with FON plugged in to it, I can wifi in using the ssid I created, which is still set. All I get is linksys page at 192.168.1.1. Plug the Fon directly into your PC, as long as your pc is less than a few years old crossover/straight through doesn't matter.

a cable must be used, don't flash over wifi. If you get a linksys page from that IP then you are hitting the linksys router, not the fon. This is where understanding networking comes in handy, the linksys will be on that IP address

3. How to set my nic up to talk to the FON in easy steps from xp ? I have tried all sorts of settings and monitor what is going on using commview. By the way I have had this program for many years back when it cost $99, it is what I am use to using. I do now have wireshark, and it looks promising. I need to eat all my pineapple before moving on.

never heard of commview, bin it and just use the raw XP network setup. As soon as you add extra tools things go wrong and mess things up.

4. Many of the instructions mention using putty, had it for years to obtain root access for my server but in my case if I don't know the ip how can I re flash anything?

Flashing is talking to something other than the normal OS, won't try to explain why but it will be listening on either 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1 . And before you ask, no you can't access the Fon on these IPs, you are talking directly to the machine boot loader when flashing not to the OS.

5. I am missing something that is most likely pinging me in the face.

Yes, as I've said before, a lot of networking knowledge that would make a lot of these questions obvious to you

Lastly, I just downloaded backtrack and already have ubuntu ready to go, will most likely place them each on separate machines as I want a server that is stand alone. but can I do any of this out of xp ?

I really thank you all for helping me in this matter. When I get my laser operated fly killing machine up and running I will share the design with all that are interested.

And you won't be able to use this to find your missing laptop. If you really want to try to get it through this kind of route look at kismet. Any questions on that they have a great forum on their site.

I think most of your answers can be answered in the forum pineapple setup thread.

Also if you just want to search for the mac address. airodump-ng + grep *MAC*

Thanks. Here is where I am at, and it looks good but crossing my fingers.

Following instructions like you all have been telling me too ... I am at the point of having ports open and an address of 192.168.1.1 so I can telnet in.

The packages I downloaded from http://www.digininja.org/jasager/download.php should be correct but I need to do this in xp. I had to skip ahead in the instructions as they didn't apply to this FON and some files had to be found on the net as they were not in indexed link, that has got to be a major PITA for someone noobing it.

So wish me luck.

Digininja, Commview is a windows based packet sniffer. Not even a free one at that.

True but I bought it many years ago.

So here I go again. Starring at a putty screen. Able to log in but without internet I do not know how to get the files needed on the device. Instructions say to wget or SCP, ok done that before only can I do this on local machine. I am guessing its not suppose to see the net yet so that failed.

I know the answer: go read up on linux commands, join another forum, search google... /etc guessing I need to install ftp server.

Sorry I missed your post digininja. I was typing while you were. As for this working for my needs, I should have bought the 200 buck card from people that made wire shark or at least the ad is on their site.

Even if this won't work like I had planned, I would still like to get it going again. All of this is helping me get over the loss.

You don't need special hardware to use Wireshark... It works on any device.

So it will sniff wifi ? I thought you had to buy the card(s) depending on wallet.

Just got off phone with computer programmer cousin, he explained the SCP command but since I am in windows he suggests I locate windows ssh client, I think. he mainly does linux.

But really I am happy that my fruit is growing, and will soon have roots, literally speaking.