Gaining system privilage from normal (limited) user account

armadaender

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did not try it to see if it works... but if it does.. then that's scary...

a solution would be to disable dos prompt for all users beside the Admin :roll:

Actualy, that wouldn't solve the problem. When cmd is launched via task sceduler it is launched as system. System is the non-user interactive root (where as the administrator acount is the user interactive root). Even if command prompt is blocked and stops a user having to manualy type in the at command, the user can just as easily write it into a batch script. Failing that, write a program that gets the current time, adds a minuet to it, then executes the at command for the user.

did not try it to see if it works... but if it does.. then that's scary...

a solution would be to disable dos prompt for all users beside the Admin :roll:

Actualy, that wouldn't solve the problem. When cmd is launched via task sceduler it is launched as system. System is the non-user interactive root (where as the administrator acount is the user interactive root). Even if command prompt is blocked and stops a user having to manualy type in the at command, the user can just as easily write it into a batch script. Failing that, write a program that gets the current time, adds a minuet to it, then executes the at command for the user.

ok i see...

well anyway... you gotta be Admin to execute it, or am I mistaken?

Guest zacharygriggs

i had problems the creation of accounts is and i quote "null" so the system cannot create accounts, brings slight peace of mind after reading 1984

and i'll try it from limited account

If you have access to the command prompt then you can just get administrated status in under 10 seconds.

I'm not going to post how for two reasons

1. Most of the people on here probably already know how to do it.

2. For the people in school that don't know how to do it, I can't trust them to use it with in reason.

If you have access to the command prompt then you can just get administrated status in under 10 seconds.

I'm not going to post how for two reasons

1. Most of the people on here probably already know how to do it.

2. For the people in school that don't know how to do it, I can't trust them to use it with in reason.

post then. i dont know and ive left school...

Guest zacharygriggs
I'm still in high school. I'm going into 11th grade after summer break. I just hope I got into the Cisco class.

shut up, now he wont tell us

anyway most schools disable command prompt