A Willing Botnet?

monkyyy

as u probably heard "DDoS From 4chan Hits MPAA and Anti-Piracy Website" http://it.slashdot.org/story/10/09/18/2016...-Piracy-Website

good cause but wont do much damage because,

1. unorganized

2. only a few hours long

so basically my thought was having a botnet that was willing (and by that i mean they can turn off their part of the attack for gaming and such)that would go on for mouths with one leader at the wheel(with ocd or a teenager)

(and also it probably grow even stronger as it gets media coverage)

heres my thoughts on how this should be run

1. they should "subscribe" to a some cause (or some person judgement) by web completely anonymously (maybe with a number)

2. the program starts at start up(or daily) to see if there are any planed attacks

3. if their are it ask`s to user if they want to be a part of it (with settable limits)

4 . during this attack it checks for new info, every few minutes (bots 1-100 ddos riaa.org, bots 101-200 ddos mpaa.org etc.) with limited commands so the guy in charge doesn't send a "rm -*"

so instead of the attack ending when people get bored or any number of things that would end a normal ddos attack.

its when this one guy ,the botnet decides to leave after they get power hungry, whatever political message took effect, or whatever could go wrong

but i dont have that much programing skill(its a bit closer to none) to pull this off. is this doable? will hak5 do this sort of thing?

//edit i think the program should be called DDemOcracy`S and im not a regular here so if u have any questions(insults) for me email me crazymonkyyy@gmail.com

//edit lol the updated LOIC added the what i was talking about when i started this as "hive mind mode"

Edited by monkyyy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DoSing the sites of people doesn't solve any problems. Changing laws solves problems.

No one will admit to having a botnet, nor are they likely to do this as there a far better ways it could be spent to make money.

If you are an active and willing participant (zombie) of a botnet, you shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

That kind of talk is called terrorism and I feel you should be BANNED for making such comments.

says the "Hak.5 Pirate" ?__?

I'm hard pressed to call any thing terrorism, I doubt such an act would cause much terror and thus would not be sufficient for me to call it terrorism. It's definitely illegal though.

the underground rail road and owning the guns that fought the revisionary war, were also illegal

illegal =/= wrong

Edited by monkyyy

says the "Hak.5 Pirate" ?__?

the underground rail road and owning the guns that fought the revisionary war, were also illegal

illegal =/= wrong

Yes it says Hak.5 Pirate. I'm pretty sure that cannot be changed. It's a form of posting status if I'm not mistaken.

Regardless, interrupting the service of say RIAA servers is illegal. They are protecting the rights of artists from having their property stolen.

I would prefer to have my own honeypot network, rather than having a botnet causing disruption and damages, where on the hand I could well use a honeypot to research on different techniques and attacks used by hackers to infiltrate into a system. Now I am putting something for good use.

Edited by Infiltrator

Just so, but in this case it is wrong as it will not have the world changing effect of a war.

i only used to guns of the war not the war its self

the tool has to be lead by the right people and with enough firepower sorta like a riot cause im not going to be missing school to roit as easy as i can just click a button to roit

Regardless, interrupting the service of say RIAA servers is illegal. They are protecting the rights of artists from having their property stolen.
one of the unknown anti-piracy groups attacked tpb using a ddos attack and i doubt that it didn't have the support of all the big ones, and the riaa currently do not protect the right of the artists they protect the middle men who get paid more then the artists

Regardless, what you want to do is illegal (And stupid to think people would willingly run a botnet and put their ISP account at risk). Maybe you should watch the Discovery channel interview Hackers VS Cyber Criminals before you post here looking to be the ring leader for a botnet.

http://www.hak5.org/backstage/hackers-versus-cyber-criminals

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Guest Deleted_Account

Please note i am not siding with the OP as his intentions are malicious and illegal, however not all bot nets are illegal. Some people/companies create botnets with legitimate purposes. One good example would be Folding@home technically it is a "botnet" just not in the normal sense. I have managed such a bot net for mass processing power and it would be an interesting thing to attempt although not sure how many people would agree to it as it could potentially pose a security risk

Please note i am not siding with the OP as his intentions are malicious and illegal, however not all bot nets are illegal. Some people/companies create botnets with legitimate purposes. One good example would be Folding@home technically it is a "botnet" just not in the normal sense. I have managed such a bot net for mass processing power and it would be an interesting thing to attempt although not sure how many people would agree to it as it could potentially pose a security risk

We could see if the Hak5 Community wanted to proved their CPU power for say WPA brute forcing or something.

no not malicious i just want to be in the loop when there`s next protest

If you want to be in on the loop, lurk 4chan, but from one of your posts, it sounded you perused it a little the day it happened. And performing a DDoS attack as a form of protest is being malicious.

When I read your first post, I thought you were implying that you wanted to lead the botnet, since you had such specific ideas of what you wanted, but I guess you never actually said it.

Not that I condone botnets, but with something like this, the end user could claim plusable deniablibitly, much like running a TOR exit node. Or they might be able to claim they have no knowledge of the software, much like the zombie computers in a regular botnet

If you want to be in on the loop, lurk 4chan, but from one of your posts, it sounded you perused it a little the day it happened. And performing a DDoS attack as a form of protest is being malicious.

i dont like 4chan, so thats out of questoin for staying up to date

When I read your first post, I thought you were implying that you wanted to lead the botnet, since you had such specific ideas of what you wanted, but I guess you never actually said it.

cause i do care about political topics but dont have any follow though to run a bot net

i dont like 4chan, so thats out of questoin for staying up to date

cause i do care about political topics but dont have any follow though to run a bot net

4chan is about your only option. Or find some "l33t h4x0rz" on IRC channel.

And if you care about political topics. Write your congress person or make a group to fight it with educating the public on you views and convincing the people rather than attacking with botnets.

Guest Deleted_Account
We could see if the Hak5 Community wanted to proved their CPU power for say WPA brute forcing or something.

That would be cool! I would be willing to (If the source was available/compiled on PPC) run it on my PS3 in OtherOS and give access to the CELL processor that in a "botnet" would really help at cracking WPA.

ok since no one to keen on my idea for something that could be used for a actual effective online protest,

anyone got any other ideas?

And if you care about political topics. Write your congress person or make a group to fight it with educating the public on you views and convincing the people rather than attacking with botnets.

i live in utah, its does no good protesting here, as im not even old enough to be "wise" enough to vote, very very few people here would even listen to me about politics and i dont think the ones in politics r the execptoins

ok since no one to keen on my idea for something that could be used for a actual effective online protest,

anyone got any other ideas?

i live in utah, its does no good protesting here, as im not even old enough to be "wise" enough to vote, very very few people here would even listen to me about politics and i dont think the ones in politics r the execptoins

So you are as I expected, a teenager whom wants to have access to the power of a botnet. I have already posted an alternative idea, cluster of willing people to recovery WPA keys. But highly doubtful someone will step up to develop.

Sounds good, have our own opensource distributed cracking system.

I have quite a lot of processing power, that could be put for something good.

1. Generating Rainbow tables.

2. Or better yet, for cracking WPA and NTLM hashes

And for other good things of course.

I'm also planning, in building a couple of new systems with the New i7 CPU that has over 12 cores, coupled with a pair of 2 NVIDIA graphics card.

Edited by Infiltrator

• 3 weeks later...

Ok no offense... well ok maybe a little. But let me guess... 13 maybe 15ish. Think all the stuff you see in the news about hackers and botnets are cool. Bam you wanna create you're own botnet. But for political protesting of course...

Like said before DDoS attacks don't do any good. Yes i'm sure it does make you feel powerful for crashing a sever or 2. But its not solving the problem. Going through the proper channels is the only way to truely fix anything.

The hak5 community is a community of hackers. Hackers as in what it used to mean before the media. People who like to take technology learn how it works and modify it to do something else. Like doom on a watch. Ect...

A botnet or a distributed computing project we would want to be apart of is generating rainbow tables. Or... darknet anyone?

[edit] Now I see the time stamp... *facepalm*

Edited by GeekGoneCrazy