Where To Purchase A Newbie Question

Hi I was wondering where everyone is purchasing the older fon.. since fon only seems to be selling the new n router only.. it was sort of hard to purchase one to begin with since I'm up in Canada and there are no dealers here from the beginning..

fon only seems to be selling the new n router only

Sorry I can' t help

but consider buying a pineapple, Its pre installed , no worries, and they are on sale now, no shipping costs.

$109.99 with FREE shipping world-wide.

I just read the subject for this thread, I was going to suggest n00bsRus

is their anything special I should know about putting jasager on the Open-Mesh mini? Also does it have serial on the board like on the old fon?

Edited by aarocka

Most electronic devices will have some form of serial control. I'm sure it would have one but it is not completely needed for just using the device. So i'm sure this accton / open-mesh mini has one. But you should not have to even crack the case to install jasager.

Most electronic devices will have some form of serial control. I'm sure it would have one but it is not completely needed for just using the device. So i'm sure this accton / open-mesh mini has one. But you should not have to even crack the case to install jasager.

Well i need one for my wifi robot. It is an unrelated project but it is better than a wrt router and will run jasager. Thanks

Edited by aarocka

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for you replies...

checked out open mesh but the shipping cost are crazy.the router is very reasonable in price. but the of shipping cost 3 times more then what the product cost..

Yes I'm cheap........

So I'm going to try to find a router locally.. but I do have one question re the compatable chipset used .. is the driver only for 2315 athero chipset or 231x can be used?

thanks