How To Brute Force In To A Windows Computer With A Usb

danielbrthwt

A real, complete rainbow table built for 20 character passwords with the keyspace you mentioned would be far larger than 8gb I think.

Yes you are very much correct, and it would take a very long time to generate it, as well as you will a lot of storage space to accommodate the table.

• 2 weeks later...
Surprised no one mentioned KonBoot no bruteforce/Rainbow tables needed! As for Oph-crack throwing a space in USED to prevent cracking but now at least the vista tables, have space included. i still use a space in there though as the tables that include it are the 10 GB ones i believe ;p

Agreed, why not just KonBoot? just insert the software via USB or CD and after booting from the device all it takes is about 3 hits of the enter key and your in.

Agreed, why not just KonBoot? just insert the software via USB or CD and after booting from the device all it takes is about 3 hits of the enter key and your in.

You could try that, but how successful have you been with Konboot in your experience?

How many of you missed that little piece of information?

I haven't actually tried Konboot, so I don't know how good it really is, that's why I want to hear from someone who had experimented with it.

• 8 months later...

Free version of konboot won't work on 64 bit version of windows without doing some extra work. They talked about that a few episodes back. That being said i have gotten the free version of konboot to work on almost every 32 bit windows machine I have tried.

Edited by co2shaun

• 1 month later...

Umm to all the people that are saying to use orph crack or something else to bruteforce the password, how do you expect to execute the said program? I assume the person is just sitting at the login prompt and thinkg how can i get in, and the last time i checked windows doesnt allow you to execute programs from that screen (dont get me wrong there are ways to get windows to execute code at that screen, changing the current screen saver to be a command prompt comes to mind, but once again you need to of allready had access into the system in order to set this up, ill assume you dont and cant). I mean if it did then what would be the point of having the user login? It defeats the purpose actually (haha that reminds me though back in windows 98 you could bring up the task manager at the login prompt and then execute programs from there.

So if the person has access to the machine then why cant he just boot into linux and get the SAM file then crack the hashs? Lets assume the system doesnt allow the booting from a usb stick or a cd and the bios is password protected, how do you get the SAM file? If we do have physical access to the computer then we could reset the bios, this will remove the password for us which will allow us to change boot options. The only problem with this is it will be noticed eventually as the password will be removed from the bios, you could always set on though and then the system admin might just think he forgot it :/

Another option if you cant boot into a different OS and you do have physical access to the system would be to just rip the hard drive out and plug it into your own system, grab the SAM file crack the hash and your in, just dont forget to put the hard drive back though ;)