Another Retarded Router Question

gEEEk

I'm sorta ashamed to be asking such a basic question but my Belkin N Wireless router crapped out on me a couple of days ago and I'm considering replacing it. Since there is an enormous amount of routers on the market ATM I need some guidance to narrow the search down.

- I need it to be stable, reliable and "fast"

- Currently I get 24 Mbit down and 2,5 Mbit up, and I want don't want the router to bottleneck.

- I need it to be able to handle up to 5-6 devices simultaneously.

- Not in the "Cisco-pricerange" :P

Do you guys have any recommendations as of which router I should get?

/gEEEk

Netgear WNDR3700

Linksys WRT160N

Edited by Infiltrator

1. newegg.com

2. specify wireless N w/gigabit ethernet

3. sort by price (lowest)

4. read reviews.

this one seems to be popular: $69.99

TRENDnet TEW-639GR IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE802.11n 2 Wireless Router

Free antenna extender w/ purchase, limited offer

(btw, this one only has one gigabit wan port/all lan ports are 100mbps)

I know I will be buying one soon, but I want to get an integrated dsl/wireless router solution. Anyone have any recommendations for that?

Edited by h3%5kr3w

• 2 weeks later...
1. newegg.com

2. specify wireless N w/gigabit ethernet

3. sort by price (lowest)

4. read reviews.

this one seems to be popular: $69.99

TRENDnet TEW-639GR IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE802.11n 2 Wireless Router

Free antenna extender w/ purchase, limited offer

(btw, this one only has one gigabit wan port/all lan ports are 100mbps)

I know I will be buying one soon, but I want to get an integrated dsl/wireless router solution. Anyone have any recommendations for that?

2 wire my parents have one and works better than the belkin 54g

Have you not seen the episodes about building our own router ? :P

That being said. I got myself a Linksys E2000 (All gigabit ethernet ports for my Cat5E wired house) and wireless N. Linksys has always shown me great control and options or if you really wanted you could flash with OpenWRT or DD-WRT.

Ya I have a 2Wire (AT&T, ugh) and it is decent sometimes craps out but redirects you to a nice interface that makes it easy to reboot (asks you for your password then ask if you are sure and that internet will be gone etc). It is decent though the wireless range isn't the best.

TBH I have always used linksys, but have also always had issues with linksys routers...

Every belkin I have ever seen is crap (minus one or two), but on the same note, I have never seen a bad Netgear..

Just threw a D-link in for shipping to me so I guess we will see what that does. Everything sounds pretty good about it.

I am currently using a WRT-54g v.6 running dd-wrt micro, but it's fudged to the extreme. Worked great for the past few years, but now it's crapped out so bad that I have had to set up my modem doing all the routing and connection management and the router will only work as a simple switch + AP...

Edited by h3%5kr3w