Technical Requirement For A Show "hak5"

charm_quark

Not an awful lot, really. You could also contribute segments for shows like BSoD, it'd certainly mean less work for you but it would also provide a taste, a way to get the hang of things. All you need is a webcam/camera of some sort and a microphone. In fact, if you plan to demonstrate software, you can probably skip the camera and just record screen captures.

i was more interested in creating a "show" so that i can send it to a tv-station, ie. shoot a good quality episode one or two just as a sample, then have them back me up on the rest of the episodes.. just a theoretical plan

ps: thanks for replying!

Well now, that would change everything, for something to be broadcast quality you'd need to put a lot more planning, thought and money into it. You need a concept/format/script/storyboards, cameras and microphones that don't suck, *good* content, and people to work on it. Oh, and it helps to know people, if you see what I mean. Maybe you could give public access a shot if it's available anywhere near you, even just as a sort of kickstart.

Note: I don't work in TV and I don't know anyone who does, so I'm going on what little I know (or don't, as the case may be), so I can't really give specific info. What I do know, however, is that it's not easy to just magically get a TV show, and in most cases it would have to be financially viable to survive or even to exist in the first place. Online shows are a lot easier to do because you don't have to persuade anyone to give you a budget or a slot on a schedule, and it doesn't really matter too much if the quality isn't absolutely top notch.

Yeah... You are better off sticking to online, tech shows don't really last on TV. Plus, the internet is where it's at, why would you want to go to a old outdated platform like TV?

Edited by Seshan

it was just an idea, :unsure:

and because the local tv sucks,, that's why, and the net is not very stable, because most of the stuff here is controlled by the government, ie, telecoms and televisions. there are idiots who are working there,

about the show it self, i think some "formal" show's are crap, even hak5 is better in terms of content, format, setting etc.

Yeah... You are better off sticking to online, tech shows don't really last on TV. Plus, the internet is where it's at, why would you want to go to a old outdated platform like TV?

I disagree. One of the main reasons Hak5 has been far more successful than a lot of online tech video things is because it borrowed heavily from television production values. When it comes to online vs broadcast you have to view this as just a distribution channel, rather than a format. This is backed up by services like Hula and iPlayer, its the same content but delivered via a browser instead of a TV set. TV has had many years to work out how to make a show, so you should use/steal these ideas and just use the internet to bypass the broadcast restrictions TV has.

I disagree. One of the main reasons Hak5 has been far more successful than a lot of online tech video things is because it borrowed heavily from television production values. When it comes to online vs broadcast you have to view this as just a distribution channel, rather than a format. This is backed up by services like Hula and iPlayer, its the same content but delivered via a browser instead of a TV set. TV has had many years to work out how to make a show, so you should use/steal these ideas and just use the internet to bypass the broadcast restrictions TV has.

Sage words as ever Vako (and I do work in TV ) and conversely the broadcasters take the potential of IPTV seriously, thats why so much has been invested in iPlayer and eventually Project Canvas so you can see its exciting times to be a self-starter in independent Media, and I respect Darren for actioning what I only thought about for years!