Hack Windows Pda?

covertdelta

• 3 weeks later...

i think its possible if you could find the right hardware to do it. I think the Iphone or the Android are only 2 possible phones it can be done with. Windows base pda and smart phone you will have to check out there hardware compaitblity and do some serious programming to make it work. I think if you can get a version linux installed on it with all the device hardware working correctly and you can connect to the internet with the phone you can download skype for linux and dial out. Its a really great idea if you think about it woo hoo

i think its possible if you could find the right hardware to do it. I think the Iphone or the Android are only 2 possible phones it can be done with.

Those are phone platforms, not phones. Android is capable of running on just about any device with a strong enough spec.

Windows base pda and smart phone you will have to check out there hardware compaitblity and do some serious programming to make it work.

First off, Windows Mobile is piss-easy to write software for, but more importantly Haret already allows native booting of Linux on Windows Mobile devices. This includes Android and Ubuntu and could undoubtably be expanded to just about any distro you care to port.

I think if you can get a version linux installed on it with all the device hardware working correctly and you can connect to the internet with the phone you can download skype for linux and dial out. Its a really great idea if you think about it woo hoo

Skype is already available for several mobile platforms, it doesn't need Linux to make it work. Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, you don't have to use the mobile voice/data network to make good use of a phone of PDA. I should also mention that making "all the device hardware" working correctly is not a minor task, it requires device drivers, and the host OS already has these (for itself, not for Linux) rendering Linux a little redundant if all you wish to do is use Skype.

Those things are junk.

The Zaurus is a grade A piece of shit, the only issue with the Nokia tablets is they have a flaky USB host mode. Really PCMCIA support really would make a good device as you can have a nice wireless card and DECT sniffing on one device.