Can anyone recommend a good free web hosting site?

I want to find a free web hosting site, which offers free domain through their own subdomain service. I am trying to set up PHProxy but all of the free hosting sites I have tried so far will not host a proxy service site per their TOS agreement. Any suggestions? Thanks

Is this for use when away from home? If so, you can set up apache and php on an any old machine to dedicate as your own personal PHProxy.

Yes, for when I am away from home and also for privacy while surfing. TOR is slow, I set up PHProxy on a free web host service and it worked for about 6 hours until they deleted my account. The proxy speed was much faster compared to TOR. I found some web hosts that allow proxy sites but they cost $

I would just have it set up on a home machine (not an everyday use machine, but spare box you dont care about what happens to) but if you were to go as far as running a proxy form home, you would be better off using a VPN or SSH tunneling through your home machine or router for secure surfing. PHProxy works fine and all (and I even have it set up on a home machine), but its not securing the traffic, so anyone sniffing the line say at a cafe or school network can still see what you are doing and could block the traffic if they had good monitoring software on their network.

Lol. Confused me for a minute there, you both having the same avatar.

Try http://www.000webhost.com

not sure if its against there TOS though but hey check it out :lol:

Very good suggestion.. are they an American based company? Their free hosting does not support proxy sites, but they are more flexiable then most when it comes to paying money, and 5$ a month is not bad at all. I currently pay 6$/month so I would consider switching to a more flexible hosting plan as long as when I call for tech support I get a American on the phone and not some outsourced phone center.

Heck you can use mine if you want:

http://poxy.site11.com/

It's hosted on 000webhost, works flawlessly.. according to my experince atleast.. :)

/ gEEEk

Heck you can use mine if you want:

http://poxy.site11.com/

It's hosted on 000webhost, works flawlessly.. according to my experince atleast.. :)

/ gEEEk

Website Under Review

Guess it doesnt work flawlessly any more