Best hacker netbook

Dazz

What is currently the best 10-inch netbook for hacking(ie good for wireless hacks and can run linux)? I'm tossing up between getting an Asus 1000HA or similar now, or waiting and getting something like the new samsung n510 which has a 11.6-inch screen and the new ion chip and looks damn sexy imo.

I was more speaking in terms of linux compatibility because I have heard with some that there is problems installing it and getting all the hardware to work properly. I was going to edit the post because i know it sounds a bit wanky. I'm not a big user of linux at home (or though i use unix at uni and have the yellowdog dist on my ps3) so i don't know a lot about it.

I was more speaking in terms of linux compatibility because I have heard with some that there is problems installing it and getting all the hardware to work properly. I was going to edit the post because i know it sounds a bit wanky. I'm not a big user of linux at home (or though i use unix at uni and have the yellowdog dist on my ps3) so i don't know a lot about it.

You pretty much always have that problem, but you can install linux on pretty much everything.

Netbooks are also becoming very popular, and there are only a few major ones, so if you go with one of the major brands I cannot foresee you having problems running and installing Linux. The Acer Aspire One's are quite well supported, I am not sure about the other ones however. Before you commit to a netbook I would recommend to search for the netbook model on the wiki of your preferred distribution to see what support is on the wiki, as that could end up being an invaluable resource.

The Asus netbooks are all linux compatible. Getting the hardware to "work properly" is kind of relative to what you want it to do with it. The hardware is meant to function in a certain way. "Hacking", is getting it to do what you want it to do, rather than what it was designed to do. No easy answer to this one. Just gonna have to tear stuff apart and figue out how it works, then you can put it back together the way you want it to work.

bad thing is though, if you wait too long, it's just going to come with a REALLY crippled ass version of windows....

but if your going to run linux on it anyways, then what u worry.

BTW, me wonders how much a netbook would be if it did NOT come with windows??? (or any other OS)

Curious to ask a manufacturer about that... Dell and Asus (and Acer) all give the option btw, to buy with Linux