SARDU

Lord Necron

SARDU is short for Shardana Antivirus Rescue Disk Utility. It can handle ISO images of bootable antivirus, some collections of utilities, Linux Live CDs and the most popular distributions of Windows PE. It has been categorized into 4 sections, Antivirus, Utility, Linux and PE.

Antivirus

# Avira AntiVir Rescue System

# BitDefender

# Dr.Web LiveCD

# F-Secure

# GDATA

# Kaspersky ‘Kav Rescue CD’

# Panda Safe Cd

Utility

# Floppy win98SE

# Gparted

# NT password

# Parted Magic

# System Rescue CD

# Ultimate Boot CD

Linux

# Austrumi

# Damn Small Linux

# Puppy Linux

# Slax

Windows PE

# LiveXP

# MegalabCD

# WindowsPE

# UBCD4WIN

# VistaPE

Find out more here or here (en)(it).

Between this and UNetbootin is there a way to make a UNet(multi)bootin?

If somebody gets this booting and running correctly, meaning most, if not all AVs working, and posts how they did it, be it via the USB method or mapping the ISO, I'll gladly put this in the readme.

I got it running on USB just fine. Just followed the pretty straight forward instructions. Can even boot my custom UBCD4Win ISO from it. Only snag I can think of is having to rename the KAV ISO I had from 2009 to 2008.

Other than Win7PE, I would like to see support for other ISOs. Trinity Rescue Kit and Hiren's Boot CD are two that come to mind. I'm sure others will have suggestions as well.

I got it running on USB just fine. Just followed the pretty straight forward instructions. Can even boot my custom UBCD4Win ISO from it. Only snag I can think of is having to rename the KAV ISO I had from 2009 to 2008.

Other than Win7PE, I would like to see support for other ISOs. Trinity Rescue Kit and Hiren's Boot CD are two that come to mind. I'm sure others will have suggestions as well.

Hiren's boot cd is supported (*hiren*.iso).

Kav2009? A link please? All link for kav 2008 are down :(

Trinity Rescue CD..i tried it. someone says that does not work on USB. False. It disturbs me that wont the label of sardu as "TRK_3.3" to work

Is it bootable from either GRUB4DOS or Grub2?

Hiren's boot cd is supported (*hiren*.iso).

Kav2009? A link please? All link for kav 2008 are down :(

Trinity Rescue CD..i tried it. someone says that does not work on USB. False. It disturbs me that wont the label of sardu as "TRK_3.3" to work

I'm using the latest build I have found - 1.0.6.6 - and I do not see support for Hiren.

As far as KAV2009, I can't find the link again. I know I didn't torrent it or anything like that. I did, however, find a moved link for KAV2008 here.

Maybe someone here can help with getting TRK to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to use SARDU in combination with other iso's? Creating a SARDU iso and booting from grub does not seem to work, but using SARDU's "Create Bootable USB" utility makes everything work fine. However, I would still like to be able to use BT3, Ophcrack and Kon-boot that are currently working on my legacy grub multipass and installing SARDU would remove everything that is currently on the drive.

Would it be possible to load SARDU on another partition, say (hd0,2) and have a grub menu entry like

title Boot Second Partition
rootnoverify (hd0,2)
chainloader +1

to boot? If not is there any other way to achieve what I am trying to do?

• 5 months later...

Hi I tried getting a SARDU iso to load like this and it works...until you actually try using some of the apps.

Basically it appears that the loading process starts looking for things expected to be found on the root, for some of the antivir stuff i can extract the contents to root of hub and it works but of course they have similar folder names so cant overlap.

I have managed to get a few of the iso's individually working from reading around the board but deffo cant get SARDU itself to run? Has anyone had any success with that? thanks

Edited by technotika