Could you run this..

thedude

Question: Could you run this Dell desktop PSU on batterary power while runing it on a XP Home, with a flat screen monitor, keyboard, mouse, and hooked up to a wireless network?

Why: Have a computer in a highschool locker >=)

If this is possible, i will make a topic in the mod.

Question: Could you run this Dell desktop PSU on batterary power while runing it on a XP Home, with a flat screen monitor, keyboard, mouse, and hooked up to a wireless network?

Why: Have a computer in a highschool locker >=)

If this is possible, i will make a topic in the mod.

Sure, until the ups dies. The wifi also isn't going to work very well as it will be inside a faraday cage.

I thought of this awhile back but it does seem like a hard task. Like barry said, the computer will only run until the ups dies, if you could get an outlet then that would be awesome and most of your problems are solved. Then again when did you hear of schools putting electrical outlets in lockers.

I can't really think of anything that would make this project work besides the above, maybe someone else can. Good Luck!

Netbook with the processr scaled down, solid state disk and a spare battery would work pretty well.