CBT Nuggets

Brian Sierakowski

Just wondering if anyone here has used the CBT Nuggets training videos, and if so what they thought.

I used them for both A+ and Net+, and they have a security pack here which I'd like to get, but as you can see the price tag is a bit prohibitive.

I suppose on that same note, does anyone know how to get this training material a bit cheaper?

Thanks,

-Brian

Just wondering if anyone here has used the CBT Nuggets training videos, and if so what they thought.

I used them for both A+ and Net+, and they have a security pack here which I'd like to get, but as you can see the price tag is a bit prohibitive.

I suppose on that same note, does anyone know how to get this training material a bit cheaper?

Thanks,

-Brian

I had one of their video discs for CWNP, but they seem to do in a home recording environment and their was lots of background noise in the video and seemed a bit low quality. The trainer just didn't seem to keep my attention. I was just turned off by their video and never even finished watching it. I also didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it.

TestOUT has much better production quality, better training material, and offer a whole suite of discs in one package for about $2000.00. That seems expensive, but they give you TONS of material, and its really well done.

Everything on this page is included in the package: http://www.testout.com/promo/200902-lib.htm and they often have discounts so you can snag one at a discount. One of my teachers at school got the whole suite for $699 due to someone else who already bought a copy, he somehow got them to offer him over half off. Not sure what he did to get that price, but might be able to ask them about a discount or say you already purchased one and would need another one, can they offer a discount on the second order or something.

There are also lab simulators included during the training video, so you can practice as if you were at a machine, typing commands into the OS or whatever you are working on. I used their Network+ disc in addition to taking a real class and it was pretty much better than the class I took. I probably could have passed the Cert test just by using their training material alone, so if you can buy or borrow a copy of their stuff, I highly recomend it.

Awesome, thanks so much digip, always a great help!!

And agreed charm quark, it is expensive, but I've found that they typically give you more information then you strictly need to get the cert, which is nice. Also, there is the cost if you fail, and have to take the test again. On top of that, if you have it scheduled from your work and you fail, you get everyone asking you how you did.... which for an aspiring smartypants such as myself, would be a critical blow :).

$500 for this security+ course is still a little too rich for my blood, however at $250 that's a lot more attractive (and probably recoupable). I'll have to see if I cant work any magic like your teacher did and see if they wouldn't help a brother out.

Thanks again, and if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know!

-Brian