Kamikaze 8.09 FON+ and Madwifi Drivers

Quick update, I've got Jasager into the firware but now trying to work out how to get all the dependant packages installed by default.

So making progress but stalled till I get some external help.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With some nasty hacks I've got a working firmware. I've just flashed this onto my Fon2 and it works but it is beta and will get better!

It doesn't include webif so if you hit port 80 on the device you'll just get a 404. To use Jasager hit port 1471. Once flashed you'll need to telnet in and set a root password then hit the website and turn karma on.

dhcp is running by default and giving out ips on the 192.168.1.x subnet.

The portscanner script is now fixed so after getting a dhcp address give it a while (a long while, the scanner is slow) and you should get portscan results in the log window.

Grab the file from Jasager beta firmware

Test this at your own peril! It shouldn't kill anything and works fine for me on a Fon2 but your mileage may vary and it may end up blowing up your oven and scaring your cat.

Having seen the size of this thread I don't need to say this but please feedback any comments.

Awesome work digininja, that bundled firmware works great. Are you still working on the 8.09 mad wifi driver package?

On a side note, I was able to install webif with no problems (didn't foresee any), if I wanted to move jasager to be the default site when accessing the fon, would I just need to move the /karma/* directory into /www/*?

@jdogherman yeah, at least Fon Flash gives more verbose info, but if possible, a progress bar would be nice.

@taiyed14 how did you get webif installed?

I didnt find the package in the 8.09 directory so i tried 7.09 and it only loaded half way. :/

I had to install the haserl package before webif would install. I just grabbed the newest packages from x-wrt.org

http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/8...9.24-1_mips.ipk

http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/8...3-4709_mips.ipk

The problem with this firmware is that I've manually pushed the files for ruby and related packages into the filesystem rather than installing them as packages so if you look at the list of packages installed you won't see ruby.

I've asked and no one seems to know the answer of how to get the packages installed. Once I get an answer I'll put this out as a full version.

How is the port scanning working? Takes some time but gives good results in the end.

Hi, So i just got my Fon (not fon+), I would like to install th firmware. i use a mac, so I have downloaded FonFlash. and I have the firware package. do i just go ahead and run those? are there any prereqs? Thanks!

Also: The Fon has firmware version 0.7.0 R2. And I am guessing i should connect using the ethernet cable when doing to flash? With this method is it necesary to enable SSH and do the steps involving redboot in the tutorial. Thanks for all the help!

Depends on whether redboot is enabled, if it is then all you need to do is to flash with this firmware, if it isn't the follow the instructions to the point where you have the firmware installed. This comes with all the packages and configs so you don't need to install or configure anything.

Just watch out, I don't know if anyone has tested this with a normal fon yet. Don't see any problems but just to warn you.

• 2 weeks later...