ATT Uverse 2 thumbs way up!

Method

So Comcrap raised the price on the tripleplay that I had and my bill went from $100 to $175. They wouldn't lower the price on the service that I was getting including the whopping 750 kb/s download speed that my high speed was providing, so I canceled.

Anyway, I found out ATT Uverse was available in my area, I called and got it set up. I have all the channels that I had with Comcrap plus free DVR, phone and an internet speed that is more than 7 x's faster! If Uverse is in your area, check it out. They also offer a connection of 18 mbps that I am curious about. If any of you have that, let me know what you think as I heard some have had problems with that speed.

Yah, you must be dr0p cause out of all the hype I have ever heard about it, I have yet to see/hear of someone's internet connection be as stable as my dsl connection... except for cox cable, but it's nowhere around where I am @. A friend of mine had comcast, and vonage... you could either watch tv, or talk on the phone but not both. I tried everything to see if I could fix the issue and it never happened.

Yah, you must be dr0p cause out of all the hype I have ever heard about it, I have yet to see/hear of someone's internet connection be as stable as my dsl connection... except for cox cable, but it's nowhere around where I am @. A friend of mine had comcast, and vonage... you could either watch tv, or talk on the phone but not both. I tried everything to see if I could fix the issue and it never happened.

Yeah... both my modem and router have an uptime of ~3.5 months with absolutely 0 downtime and I torrent 24/7. I pull 900kb/s when my torrents are downloading and I constantly upload 130kb/s... I like my comcast, except they don't have a HD channel for football (soccer) :<

depending on your location you will get good or bad service with comcast

when I work on customers computers, in areas where a few other isps are available that offer high speed, comcast will offer good speeds, in areas where theres less competition, comcast will offer poor connections that loose 95% of their speed during peek hours (11AM to around 11PM)

I have bellsouth dsl (now atnt), I wanna hear about this Uverse. How much you paying for this service?

I used to live in Sacramento, sadly just out of range of the coverage area. It's very-high-speed DSL and really a great deal.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-verse

Coverage check: https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do?ta...iceabilityCheck

Of course, what you really want is FIOS from Verizon.

I checked but uverse is not available in my area yet. They probably have to upgrade the main box for it first..

So how is fios? I have heard not so good things (more like it's just more of the same internet just not as fast as they advert.) is this true? I always wanted to check it out to see if it's worth the hype.