DS games

SomethingToChatWith

Hey, I've had a DS for awhile, but I rarely ever play it. I'm not really a gamer, so probably the only thread you'll get from me in the gaming forum :) I have a little bit of time during classes I'm taking, and would like to actually start using it.

I'd preferably like any recommendations for best games on the DS platform that you can just sti down and start playing... not story rpg/role games that take hours and hours or never end, as I don't have time for those and usually get short tempered with playing such games when I suck at them horribly.

As aid for helping a gaming noob, fighting type games have always been interesting to me. I grew up playing hours on end with tekken on the PS one ages ago. I have Picross for the DS, which is basically a puzzle game that I really enjoy. Perhaps rockband/guitar hero if the DS versions are any good?

So please do enlighten me on what good having a DS can provide (besides hacking...)

well my favorite games to just pick up and start playing are mario cart (a classic and always fun) and guitar hero. it is addicting though. but overall, if you just want a good pick up and play anytime game i would go for mario go cart. have fun with your ds!

cheers,

AC1D_BURN

R4DS works well for me whaen i want to run... homebrew... games.

Tell you what though, Professor Layton and the Curious village was great... silly storyline, but its pretty much just a hundred or so puzzles (word, Math n logic)

Its good to get the 'ol wheels turning

So please do enlighten me on what good having a DS can provide (besides hacking...)

DS "hacking" is really ez, just buy a $17.95 R4ds card and a micro SD card and you get to have any DS game you want.

it doesn't touch your firmware so you keep the warranty (if you have one still) You can get a 2gb and put on around 24 nds roms and still have room for homebrew. Homebrew ranges from games to apps like DSorganize which has web browser and IRC. Its worth it because you're not spending $30 for each game, Although nds ROMs usually are talked about on the net.

• 1 month later...

I recommend the Acekard 2i with the AKAIO (acekard all in one) os for the nice interface and ipod-like music player, book reader and moonshell for movies and photos built in, and you'll be able to use it on a DSi if you get one later.

My favorite homebrew is Pocket Physics, and DS Maps is also cool.

I use my DSi for all my mobile music, movies and books.