Firefox Crash

Eviltechie

Today I finally got sick of that firefox fullscreen bug, and followed the instructions on this site.

http://blog.pcode.nl/2008/12/firefox-quasi-fullscreen-bug

Before, I think it helped, this time, it made firefox decide to not run. I had to delete my profile along with my bookmarks, addons, and about:config changes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

(I run Ubuntu)

I got this info from an ubuntu forum...

Go to "Advanced Desktop Effect settings" , uncheck "Unredirect fullscreen windows" in "General Options". That gets it working correctly.

In case you too have problems with full screen Flash videos displaying in a small window check "Support legacy fullscreen" in the plugin "Workaround".

Beware that the latter WILL get Firefox to keep a bug from a previous RC that makes changing tabs or selecting text not as responsive as it should

As far as how to prevent the issue with having to delete your profile... I have no idea.

I don't know too much about Ubuntu (yet! lol), but I hope this helps.

Good luck!

I got this info from an ubuntu forum...

Go to "Advanced Desktop Effect settings" , uncheck "Unredirect fullscreen windows" in "General Options". That gets it working correctly.

In case you too have problems with full screen Flash videos displaying in a small window check "Support legacy fullscreen" in the plugin "Workaround".

Beware that the latter WILL get Firefox to keep a bug from a previous RC that makes changing tabs or selecting text not as responsive as it should

As far as how to prevent the issue with having to delete your profile... I have no idea.

I don't know too much about Ubuntu (yet! lol), but I hope this helps.

Good luck!

It came back for the third time and that didn't help.