Desperate help !!!

HXA

Hi All.

Right.

Im not sure if you will be able to help me but its worth a shot.

its abit of a personal family problem but if you can help me it would meen the world.

I Need To find my sister.

All i have is her email address but nothing else.

all i need to know is can i find where she is ?

i know she is on a desktop and a house as i managed to get her to tell me that.

but all i need is where she is.

Please help me someone.

anyone ?

Hi All.

Right.

Im not sure if you will be able to help me but its worth a shot.

its abit of a personal family problem but if you can help me it would meen the world.

I Need To find my sister.

All i have is her email address but nothing else.

all i need to know is can i find where she is ?

i know she is on a desktop and a house as i managed to get her to tell me that.

but all i need is where she is.

Please help me someone.

anyone ?

Reminds me of a similar thing about two years ago... remember VaKo, the difference this time it's potentially some one trying to be secretly malicious becasue of not long since been here.

Having an email address isn't very useful. The most you can do there is hope that they are either using an email client which has to put there IP address in the headers in order to function properly (Outlook [Express], Thunderbird, Windows mail). If not they could be using a crap email provider (such as hotmail) which goes out of it's way to embed your internet IP address in the email header even though there is absolutely no need to (gmail doesn't, woot!).

Even so, an IP address can usually get you down to major city and nothing more. Allot of traffic from West Yorkshire for example will always come up as Sheffield which isn't accurate unless you plan to drop a nuclear/hydrogen bomb in order to kill the person in which case it's probably accurate enough.

My opinion of the matter is to avoid technical solutions and use social engineering instead.

Send her an html email with embedded pictures hosted on a server your logging. When the files are accessed, you will get an IP. Use the IP to get a general location of where they are, and work it out from there. So for instance, if the email is read from an IP which is located somewhere near a certain town, and is registered to a company providing wireless to coffee shops you can hazard a guess to them being in Starbucks and thus go visit them.

Pretend to be some dude, romance here and ask to meet.

Thanks Sparda and VaKo

And they otherperson. Fuck off u sad'o

That would be a form of social engineer which is what I would be tempted to try. Though in this case it is rather short sighted as hitting on girls on <insert social website here> generally goes without success. However, managing to get on there friends list may lead to locations been revealed. If they take pictures with a camera that geo tags them depending on the site used to host the picture you could extract the local the picture was taken from the picture.