Printer Issue: Can't Get it to Print

Learnaseyego

I have an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. I have a black toner cartridge in it, but none of the colored ones (they are like $70 a piece).

I want to print (just black), but it wont let me without the other toners. There is a pop up that tells me I need to insert the remaining cartridges.

My question is... is there anyway I can get around this and make it print with just the black cartridge?

Thanks!

I have an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. I have a black toner cartridge in it, but none of the colored ones (they are like $70 a piece).

I want to print (just black), but it wont let me without the other toners. There is a pop up that tells me I need to insert the remaining cartridges.

My question is... is there anyway I can get around this and make it print with just the black cartridge?

Thanks!

it might not without the actual cartridge in the slot. you should be able to change the print settings in the printer properties by right clicking on it. every printer is different so youll have to look around the settings and see what options are available to you.

it might not without the actual cartridge in the slot. you should be able to change the print settings in the printer properties by right clicking on it. every printer is different so youll have to look around the settings and see what options are available to you.

Thanks... I'll give that a look real quick as see what happens.

You might be able to fool it by tripping whatever sensors inside the printer "feel" the ink cartridge. Look at how the black cartridge is inserted and if there's any photoelectric sensors or contact switches. If you fool it, then you may hit two other problems: the printer senses a problem with the ink cartridges, or the cartridges form part of the paper path and you can't print anything because the paper jams.

I would suggest that you sell this printer on craigslist and buy a monochrome laser if that's what you want. My personal favorite is the Samsung ML-2510.

You might be able to fool it by tripping whatever sensors inside the printer "feel" the ink cartridge. Look at how the black cartridge is inserted and if there's any photoelectric sensors or contact switches. If you fool it, then you may hit two other problems: the printer senses a problem with the ink cartridges, or the cartridges form part of the paper path and you can't print anything because the paper jams.

I would suggest that you sell this printer on craigslist and buy a monochrome laser if that's what you want. My personal favorite is the Samsung ML-2510.

I will give the tripping idea a try (that's a good one ;) )

If that doesn't work I will probably just unload this thing on Craiglist or eBay like you suggested, because I'm about to through it into the tub with a toaster just to make sure I get the job done. lol

If the printer it's self says "I'm not going to print" before doing any thing to the computer, then your pretty much SOL. If it only says "I'm not going to print" when you try to print you could try using the wrong driver. I have seen this work but it's a rather stupid thing to do becasue 1. Stuff on the print outs looks broken (or can look broken) 2. The printer could brake in some wired way.

I have one of these printers, and, tbh, your a fool to sell it. Buy the damn toners, they will last an age. I actually bought this printer about 16 months ago, not had to change the toners yet. If you serisuly can't afford the toners and you are desperate to print, go buy a POS ink jet.

If you can find some empty color toners or something, it might pass the sensor check and let you print out your b/w documents. Otherwise, just get the color toners, or print out your documents at the library if you're tight on cash.

Printers are finicky. Sometimes you can get by with empty cartridges, other times you have to have it full, and some sensors can be fooled with tape. You just have to do a bit of research and experimentation sometimes.

Thanks!

</rereads>

I know for this printer the toners are the path the paper takes. Without any one of the toners in the printer the path is broken.

For times like these, someone should invent fake blanking toners, that are empty but fool the printer into thinking there are real toners in there. So that the paper can still follow the path.

That's a good idea, only thing that might still be an issue is the missing toner inside. I joined a printer forum (yeah, they have those lol) and found out that some printers will do the same thing if the sensor doesn't detect the toner inside. But I don't know for sure and anything is worth a shot at least once.

I know that they have devices that will reset the cartridges to fool the printer into thinking it's full. My brother has one for an epson printer, but I think they make them for others too. If they have one for your printer, you can just reflash the cartridge when it's empty, and fool the printer.

I know that they have devices that will reset the cartridges to fool the printer into thinking it's full. My brother has one for an epson printer, but I think they make them for others too. If they have one for your printer, you can just reflash the cartridge when it's empty, and fool the printer.

Thanks ADM1NX,

That would be much better than having to purchase new ones all the time. Any idea where your brother got his?