Windows 7

DingleBerries

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/D...otes.htm#ID0E6G

MP3 files

When MP3 files are added (either manually or automatically) to either the Windows Media Player or the Windows Media Center library, or if the file metadata is edited with Windows Explorer, several seconds of audio data may be permanently removed from the start of the file. This issue occurs when files contain thumbnails or other metadata of significant size before importing or editing them.

Do Not Install A Beta OS As Your Main OS

Do Not Install A Beta OS As Your Main OS

...pussies

who even uses WMP?

Ive had windows 7 for awhile now, and just last night i have installed it as my main OS. I have an XP partition, a Win7 partition, and a media partition (where is store all my music, movies, and downloads), i also have everything backed up onto my network (NAS). But so far i have been testing as many applications as possible and i have not had any problems. I have also noticed that it is much snappier/faster than XP. Its like vista was the beta to windows 7.

is it really faster than XP with the aero effects on ? I'm asking this because I'm gonna install Windows 7 and dual boot it with XP.

As long as you don't have a piece of shit box, you probably won't notice a big difference.

As long as you don't have a piece of shit box, you probably won't notice a big difference.

Actually we are testing it at work on one of our old crap boxes and (so far) it has been performing better then xp even with the areo effects on. after seeing the tests today I guess I'm going to have to download it at home and play with it.

In a VM however it is considerably slower then the XP VM we were running.

Ive had windows 7 for awhile now, and just last night i have installed it as my main OS. I have an XP partition, a Win7 partition, and a media partition (where is store all my music, movies, and downloads), i also have everything backed up onto my network (NAS). But so far i have been testing as many applications as possible and i have not had any problems. I have also noticed that it is much snappier/faster than XP. Its like vista was the beta to windows 7.

I have found two apps now that pop up a message when installing. Daemon Tools and Symantec AV version 10.2. I am sure once the final release is out there will be a version of DTools that works and who needs AV on a windows box really? havent tied AVG yet, does anyone know if it works on Windows 7?

AVG seems to run just fine.

As a whole I'm quite impressed with Windows 7, which picked up all drivers in my XPS M1530 on a test partition apart from one which was the fingerprint reader (which I never use).

I've also tried most USB WIFI adapters I have laying about here which were all picked up also.

On my windows 7 setup, im running avira and ad-aware. And yes i have test windows 7 on all 13 of my machines an i have noticed that even with aero on that it still runs faster than vista. On the low end machines it does crash when i try to do HD editing, but it reboots really fast. So even when it crashes (which is rare for me) it still isn't really a problem.