Worst Password Habits

Eviltechie

I'm guessing we all know people with really bad password habits. Here is a story of my brother.

Here is the story. First, I got him to login to gmail while I was running a keylogger. Ivan: That produced his password. The password went along with the hint on windows. I told him I knew it, he said he changed it. He may of, but not for long, as I cracked the passwords on his computer and found out it was the same. It happens to work in facebook too.

The thing is that he knows I know it, but dosen't to do anything about it. I logged into facebook with him next to me, and he tried to act supprised. Then he told me not to do anything with it.

So how about some stories from the rest of you? ^_^

I'm guessing we all know people with really bad password habits. Here is a story of my brother.

Here is the story. First, I got him to login to gmail while I was running a keylogger. Ivan: That produced his password. The password went along with the hint on windows. I told him I knew it, he said he changed it. He may of, but not for long, as I cracked the passwords on his computer and found out it was the same. It happens to work in facebook too.

The thing is that he knows I know it, but dosen't to do anything about it. I logged into facebook with him next to me, and he tried to act supprised. Then he told me not to do anything with it.

So how about some stories from the rest of you? ^_^

My twin's password hint was: "something I like." Of course, the first thing I guessed was, "boobs" and I got it.

I was almost ashamed of him.

I personally use 1Password to generate massive completely random passwords, then a throw a weird symbol like ∂, ¢ or ∫, you know. I don't even know my passwords..., I solely rely on 1Password. Which may not be a good idea :( .

I have one generic password I use on random sites, other sites I use modified versions of the names of the sites if I definately know that admin is going to look at it (e.g. hacker wanna be sites)

I then have additional passwords I use on other things which are completely unique.

I'm guessing your friend doesnt claim to be big on security, or have any need to be big on security, so why would he need different passwords? Does he do online banking? If he does then this is something stupid using the same password, not just using the same password on facebook.

I have one generic password I use on random sites, other sites I use modified versions of the names of the sites if I definately know that admin is going to look at it (e.g. hacker wanna be sites)

I then have additional passwords I use on other things which are completely unique.

I'm guessing your friend doesnt claim to be big on security, or have any need to be big on security, so why would he need different passwords? Does he do online banking? If he does then this is something stupid using the same password, not just using the same password on facebook.

Well he is only 14, and I'm 15.

I use keypass for my passwords and just make regular backups of the database file(to an external drive and a CD).

Just backed up my password database to my iDisk.

:) Thanks for reminding me.