Endian firewall

joeypesci

Hello

New here, from sunny old England :)

My question, has anyone used Endian firewall here at all? And would Hak.5 ever do a segment on it? I've currently got it setup on a spare rig of mine and it appears quite good. Would like to see a segment done on it as parts of it I don't understand :) for example I can't get the outbound firewall working, it just ends up blocking everything. Instead, I use Comodo to control outbound traffic, deciding what programs are allowed to access the Internet and ones that aren't.

It seems quite useful. Have two network cards in the old rig. One connects to the router and is classed as the RED zone so if anyone gets on, they are stuck in the red zone. The rest of the LAN is on the GREEN zone, a totally different IP range from the RED zone and on a different network card. Combine that with my Vigor2800VG router and it's firewall turned on, it maybe over kill but still :)

Hello

New here, from sunny old England :)

My question, has anyone used Endian firewall here at all? And would Hak.5 ever do a segment on it? I've currently got it setup on a spare rig of mine and it appears quite good. Would like to see a segment done on it as parts of it I don't understand :) for example I can't get the outbound firewall working, it just ends up blocking everything. Instead, I use Comodo to control outbound traffic, deciding what programs are allowed to access the Internet and ones that aren't.

It seems quite useful. Have two network cards in the old rig. One connects to the router and is classed as the RED zone so if anyone gets on, they are stuck in the red zone. The rest of the LAN is on the GREEN zone, a totally different IP range from the RED zone and on a different network card. Combine that with my Vigor2800VG router and it's firewall turned on, it maybe over kill but still :)

These are the kind of segments that people don't like to see

The outbound firewall is working as it should blocking everything. I've used Endian for years. I started using it since version 1.5. It's come a long way. However, I need to contact their support of an issue. The wanted to charge me over $310 for a single incident. I decided to use Astaro instead.

The outbound firewall is working as it should blocking everything. I've used Endian for years. I started using it since version 1.5. It's come a long way. However, I need to contact their support of an issue. The wanted to charge me over $310 for a single incident. I decided to use Astaro instead.

Yeah I understand that but as far as I'm aware, and my knowledge isn't that great, all I'd then need to do is port forward specific ports to allow specific programs to access the T'internet (Peter Kay :) ) like Utorrent but it doesn't seem to work, the port forward rule that is. Having said that, it's weird as, when I turn off the outbound part of Endian and try to connect to my SSH server, I can't get on until I activate the port forward rule. Where as UTorrent works even if the port isn't being forwarded which I don't get. Utorrent is on something like 41014 and this port isn't being forwarded on my router.

Odd.

That may not have made sense, let me know if it doesn't.