gaming console question

RogueHart

i remember back in the day seeing somewhere about a modded system some guy made. i cant remember the name but i thought it was the yoshi box.

basically the guy ripped the hardware out of the cases of various gaming systems, rewired them and repositioned the game slots and trays into his casing.

basically it was about a 4ft tall box that had a NES cart slot, SNES cart slot, N64 cart slot, PS1 disc, PS2 tray, atari 2600 slot, and all the controller ports conveniently located inn the same general section.

when i first saw it i wanted it badly lol. it had all my systems in its own self contained cluster. it had 1 attached power cable(which i assume supported a few power strips inside)

anyway my question is does anyone remember this and if so do you know its name?

yeah but this was like 5 or so years ago. im not even sure if it actually had a ps2 tray or just ps1.

yeah but this was like 5 or so years ago. im not even sure if it actually had a ps2 tray or just ps1.

Here's the article on it: http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/...oshis_Boxx.html

Quick info:

Yoshi's Boxx

Made by Yoshi on the Screen Savers back before G4 turned TechTV into a whore.

The following systems are installed in the Boxx:

* Atari 2600

* Nintendo Entertainment System (8-bit)

* Microsoft Xbox

* Nintendo GameCube

* Sony PlayStation 2

* A custom PC

Of course a remake would need some more stuff in it. I notice that the SNES is missing and I'd be hard pressed not to get a Dreamcast in it.

If you dropped a PS3 and/or a 360 in it you'd have to have 4 power lines.

Here's the article on it: http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/...oshis_Boxx.html

Quick info:

Yoshi's Boxx

Made by Yoshi on the Screen Savers back before G4 turned TechTV into a whore.

The following systems are installed in the Boxx:

* Atari 2600

* Nintendo Entertainment System (8-bit)

* Microsoft Xbox

* Nintendo GameCube

* Sony PlayStation 2

* A custom PC

Of course a remake would need some more stuff in it. I notice that the SNES is missing and I'd be hard pressed not to get a Dreamcast in it.

If you dropped a PS3 and/or a 360 in it you'd have to have 4 power lines.

thank you very much :) yeah it sucked when g4 and techtv became one. i miss shows like portal and cinematech. g4 is now just like every other channel to me. tbs, tnt, fox, ect, ect. pick 3 letters and you have g4 as it currently stands.

but a dreamcast is a must for it. dreamcast is a classic and as a hardcore sega fan ill be keeping mine for many years to come. especially since people are still making homebrew for it. since all you have to do is burn the iso to a regular cdr and you can play lol.

but to me thats a big thing in gaming history lol

I built one of my first computers watching while watching TSS/CFH just so I can watch something geeky while doing something geeky. I get g4tv for free but they couldn't pay me to watch this garbage they have on it now a days. For instance .... 7:00-8:00 // Attack of the Show : Reviewing the latest gadgets ..blahblahblah... 8:00-9:00 // Cheaters...... wtf is this bs

I built one of my first computers watching while watching TSS/CFH just so I can watch something geeky while doing something geeky. I get g4tv for free but they couldn't pay me to watch this garbage they have on it now a days. For instance .... 7:00-8:00 // Attack of the Show : Reviewing the latest gadgets ..blahblahblah... 8:00-9:00 // Cheaters...... wtf is this bs

its not tv for gamers anymore. thats just a line now. its all for fans of cops and obstacle courses