BlackBerry

MRGRIM

Hello,

I've just setup a BES environment for the Company and have been issued with a BlackBerry 9000 myself; previously I have used HTC style devices with Windows Mobile so this BlackBerry OS is all new to me. Just wondering if there is anything "cool" you can do with a BlackBerry? I’ve tethered it already which is nice, are there any applications that are super handy and useful?

I’ve had a little Google myself but most of the stuff I’m looking for is available only on Symbian or Windows Mobile.

Does anyone know how to setup a profile for use in the car? E.g. Auto answer all incoming calls and also activate loud speak, I can find nothing on either of these features, which is annoying as it looks like something RIM have overlooked.

in my opinion crackberry devices are shit. they have far less features than devices that cost half as much. shitty 3rd party app support crappy interface and slow as shit performance. my wife has a crackberry 8820 and i would never ever ever recommend a crackberry, ive used palm devices for years and recently moved to windows mobile, my current device is an HTC touchpro and soon i will be getting the HTC touch HD both of which are a dream compared to the best blackberry device. theres nothing cool i was able to do with my wifes crackberry except for mobiscope and gpsed. but thats about it.

Does anyone know how to setup a profile for use in the car? E.g. Auto answer all incoming calls and also activate loud speak, I can find nothing on either of these features, which is annoying as it looks like something RIM have overlooked.

I have a 8820 (utterly crap phone, but the most amazing email pager) Auto answer can be set by pressing the dial button, going to options, then general options. You can set it to never or out of holster. Not sure about the speaker phone but i think it just works with car kits. As for applications, Office Communicator is quite nice but only works if you have a LCS in your domain. Other than that, I tend to ignore it.