photoshop cs3 under ubuntu

RogueHart

im trying to get cs3 to work under ubuntu studio with wine Photoshop.exe.

it works sorta lol. it starts loading and i get the splash screen and the window opens up. but before the program finishes loading it dies and the console gives me an error. whats confusing is that the error is different with each run. sometimes its just a missing dll(which if i searched through my vista partition i could find it lol)

i'd like to know why the errors that cause the program to abort are different with each run. it kinda goes against everything ive learned about a computer needing a human to screw it up lol.

Or download and purchase Crossover.. you just missed the freebie day.

if it can be run in crossover it can be run in wine you just gotta be brave enough to figure out how... haha crossover is awesome btw and the best for noobs

@dingleberries: thanks for the helpful input

@x3n: thank you very much for all the info.

decided to use my old lappy for cs3 if i cant use gimp effectively enough. at least until cs3 is better supported by wine

@dingleberries: thanks for the helpful input

@x3n: thank you very much for all the info.

decided to use my old lappy for cs3 if i cant use gimp effectively enough. at least until cs3 is better supported by wine

why not just run cs2? it seems like it works good? what does cs3 do that cs2 doesnt?

why not just run cs2? it seems like it works good? what does cs3 do that cs2 doesnt?

i dont have cs2 and since i have cs3 still installed on my old laptop i just dont see a reason to try to download it lol :)

Just stick with GIMP,

You'll get used to it quickly.

And you wont need to pirate anything!

Just stick with GIMP,

You'll get used to it quickly.

And you wont need to pirate anything!

ive used the gimp before. thats what i used before i found my old ps7 disc. and there are things it can do that make it more effective for my art style than the gimp. the gimp can do everything photoshop can but its more convoluted and harder to reverse later on

then i got cs3 and its stuff made everything easier than the gimp.

ill be using the gimp but only if it would be less trouble than using my old xp laptop and its copy of cs3 lol.