Notes for Jasager on Fon+ 2201

Rob

well since you have to install the other webserver and then have it running for Jasager to use it, the default administration web interfaces may have some issues, that was what i was trying to say. Both Gargoyle and X-wrt will be running on port 80 if you have both enabled. You can easily go change the config files for the X-wrt interface and have it set to another port through the config files im sure, just don't know which one. I'll have to check on it after finals are over.

the port webif uses is hardcoded in the startup script, /etc/rc.d/webif off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install -nodeps ./webif_0.3-10_mips.ipk
Installing webif (0.3-10) to root...
xsystem: ERROR: fork failed before execution: `/tmp/ipkg-Tk3Nno/webif-dwtNGJ/preinst install'
preinst script returned status -1
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
Collected errors:
Aborting installation of webif

Renaming status does nothing.

Any ideas. I can't get any further then that. i ignored #1 and moved on but alas nothing works...

I am getting this error as well. It doesnt appear that the space required is the problem but it is something else. I don't really know where to go from this point. Any further ideas would be appreciated.

The same error occurs and 2 new directories are created in /tmp with the ipkg-[random letters] directory which have 2 files in it - control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz

The other directory created is "ipkg-intercept-[random letters] and has no files within it.

Thanks in advance.

If you know a bit about linux you can do a manual install. The packages are just gziped tarballs, on your machine, uncompress them and you'll get control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz. If you copy data.tar.gz to the fon then unpack it at the root you'll get the files.

Unpack control on your other machine and have a read through postinst, that will tell you anything it runs after the install has happened. If there is anything to do, do it manually.

You will then need to use the nodeps to install other packages that depend on webif as officially it won't be installed.

• 2 months later...
Did everything in the steps above. When I get to uci set network.wifi.ifname=ath0 I receive an error message:

uci: Entry not found

and I used uci show to see everything listed. There is no wifi section under the netwok config. I do, however, have a config named wireless - here are the network and wireless options copied from uci show:

network.eth0=switch

network.eth0.vlan0=1 2 3 4 5*

network.eth0.vlan1=0 5

network.loopback=interface

network.loopback.ifname=lo

network.loopback.proto=static

network.loopback.ipaddr=127.0.0.1

network.loopback.netmask=255.0.0.0

network.lan=interface

network.lan.type=bridge

network.lan.ifname=eth0.0 ath0

network.lan.proto=static

network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.1.1

network.lan.netmask=255.255.255.0

network.wan=interface

network.wan.ifname=eth0.1

network.wan.proto=dhcp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wireless.wifi0=wifi-device

wireless.wifi0.type=atheros

wireless.wifi0.channel=auto

wireless.wifi0.disabled=0

wireless.cfg0372e0=wifi-iface

wireless.cfg0372e0.device=wifi0

wireless.cfg0372e0.network=lan

wireless.cfg0372e0.mode=ap

wireless.cfg0372e0.ssid=OpenWrt

wireless.cfg0372e0.encryption=none

On the laptop I am using to test, I see the set name for the SSID as well as an unsecured version of my home wireless network on the same channel as OPENWRT (ssid). When I force the connection to the OPENWRT (ssid), there is no internet available. Is it my understanding that the internet should be available, and how does the router handle that? Is that part of the configuration I am unable to complete? I did complete the vi of the firewall below the uci commands, but I would think not having a network option title wifi would be an issue with that part working... I am a N00B, so please be gentle....

im getting error at line 4 after uci commit

cant seem to stick these settings, and for whatever reason wifi does not come up by itself with out invoking it with ifconfig wlan0 up

I deliberately keep the wifi down until I ask Jasager to bring it up. It is a lot more secure that way as the fon isn't working as an AP till you tell it to. If you get it to come up straight away then you can have people connecting before you are ready.

Depends on the situation but that is my way of doing it.

yes, but isnt this easily set when you bring the web interface up, karma is set off by default? maybe im missing something, but i can see where youre coming from.

i still cant find a way around the uci settings throwing an error after line 4??

any ideas?

When you start Jasager it checks to see if ath0 is setup and if not it asks if you want it setup. If you say yes then it does a wlanconfig followed by iwconfig and ifconfig to set it all up.

I setup the wired stuff in /etc/config/network??

When you start Jasager it checks to see if ath0 is setup and if not it asks if you want it setup. If you say yes then it does a wlanconfig followed by iwconfig and ifconfig to set it all up.

I setup the wired stuff in /etc/config/network??

understood.

could you provide instruction on your method of configuring the lan ports

sorry for the n00b factor of my questions

How do you want them configured?

Best way is to use webif or whatever its called if you are using gargoyle or 8.09. Just it port the web interface (/webif.html I think if you followed Darrens instructions)

If not, look in the file and read the settings, they are in human and should make sense. If that is your only way in though, be very careful!

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have problem with instal webif on fon+.

screenshot2009041616090.jpg

I rename /usr/lib/ipkg/status, but i does not work.I have notebook connect to fon (via lan), fon is connect to adsl internet modem (via lan). Where is problem?? I apologize for my English - I am from czech rep.

Thx so much ;)

Hi, i have problem with instal webif on fon+.

screenshot2009041616090.jpg

I rename /usr/lib/ipkg/status, but i does not work.I have notebook connect to fon (via lan), fon is connect to adsl internet modem (via lan). Where is problem?? I apologize for my English - I am from czech rep.

Thx so much ;)

It would probably be easiest for you to rename it using WinSCP to rename the files.

yes, i know. I rename status in winSCP. But still it does not work. Fon+ is connect to internet and is still problem.

screenshot2009041720063.jpg

*re

this is ifconfig from fon+

ath0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B1
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:137 errors:0 dropped:16 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1224 (1.1 KiB)  TX bytes:19251 (18.7 KiB)

br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B0
          inet addr:192.168.1.1  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          RX packets:46830 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:45733 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:2697133 (2.5 MiB)  TX bytes:67341227 (64.2 MiB)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B0
          RX packets:92392 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:92199 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:70861226 (67.5 MiB)  TX bytes:70828849 (67.5 MiB)
          Interrupt:4 Base address:0x1000

eth0.0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B0
          RX packets:46858 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:45741 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:2699124 (2.5 MiB)  TX bytes:67523478 (64.3 MiB)

eth0.1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B0
          inet addr:192.168.2.100  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          RX packets:45518 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:46458 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:66864751 (63.7 MiB)  TX bytes:3062966 (2.9 MiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:200 (200.0 B)  TX bytes:200 (200.0 B)

wifi0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:84:A5:E1:B1
          RX packets:43 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:36362
          TX packets:156 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:199
          RX bytes:3772 (3.6 KiB)  TX bytes:23514 (22.9 KiB)
          Interrupt:3 Memory:b0000000-b00ffffc

I've used Chris Olivers tutorial to install Jasager, but when I try to install the libruby package, I get an error that says "only have 0 blocks on filesystem / , pkg libruby needs 784".

What am I doing wrong -- up to then the installation of packages was going well.

How do I turn someone's internet session upside down? :rolleyes:

Turn their monitor over when they aren't looking?

For this you'd need upsidedownternet and you'd want to run it inline somewhere between the fon and the default gateway. I don't think anyone has written this up yet but if you know anything about iptables rules then you should be able to get things going I think.

Turn their monitor over when they aren't looking?

For this you'd need upsidedownternet and you'd want to run it inline somewhere between the fon and the default gateway. I don't think anyone has written this up yet but if you know anything about iptables rules then you should be able to get things going I think.

Darren mentioned this on episode 401. I was hoping someone had written a tutorial on it.

Sounds like it would be innocent fun.

I've gotten the Fon to work with Jasager, but I don't think it is connecting to the internet. I am using a laptop, which connects to the internet wirelessly via my wireless router. The Fon is conected to the laptop's internet jack.

I notice that when I am on the Jasager web page via my laptop, people are trying to connect, but the connection will not complete.

What have i done wrong?

I've gotten the Fon to work with Jasager, but I don't think it is connecting to the internet. I am using a laptop, which connects to the internet wirelessly via my wireless router. The Fon is conected to the laptop's internet jack.

I notice that when I am on the Jasager web page via my laptop, people are trying to connect, but the connection will not complete.

What have i done wrong?

After reading more on the forum, I get the impression that to do this you need 2 NIC cards in your laptop.

Is this right? I've been trying to figure this out reading the posts, especially Darren's ICS post, but I've gotten a bit lost. Can you point me in a direction to help clear this up?