Bunny Temperature

Vert

if your wondering what the cpu temp of your bunny is you can run the following command in bash to find out.

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

my bunny is generally 60-65 and feels rather warm to the touch.

• Upvote 1

running 1.3 when i first plug in its around 50 but after a short time and running commands its 60-65 and once i seen it at 75. It likely does not help i have install a bunch of things and been fiddling with rdp in to the bunny with a full xfce desktop. perhaps rdp options could be added in later firmware versions all the packages seem to be in the repo.

Edited by Vert

6 minutes ago, Vert said:

running 1.3 when i first plug in its around 50 but after a short time and running commands its 60-65 and once i seen it at 75. It likely does not help i have install a bunch of things and been fiddling with rdp in to the bunny with a full xfce desktop. perhaps rdp options could be added in later firmware versions all the packages seem to be in the repo.

If the RDP desktops you have on your Bunny are affecting your CPU's temperature Sebkinne isn't likely to put them in the library, as it would mean everyone would have the same issues...

im running a full xcfe on vnc right now with my bunny working just fine and a temp of 60-65 isn't very high for this chip. with a few apt-get install commands it works yes but it also has some problems that should be fixable with some configuration.

xcfe bunny.png

Edited by Vert

Running the Bash Bunny with a GUI such as xfce is absolutely possible, but also means that the CPU governor won't have much of a chance to scale down the CPU frequency.

The chip should be able to take the heat without issues, but caution should still be advised, running the Bash Bunny out of standard operation.

• Upvote 2