VNC on boot

DingleBerries

sshd is often set up not to allow remote connections on 'live distros'. Maybe build a small one yourself? I know... long

I thought about that. I decided to go with Back Track. I am downloading the USB version. What i want to do is either edit /etc/inittab or /etc/initd.d/local, not sure if this works with slax but fedora it works fine, and having a script so i can boot the PC from that and have vnc running then do an install to the hhd.

OR

any suggestions would be fine too :D

i don't want to hijack the thread here...but i need a reliable vnc distro if you like, for usb. Yknow like portable....

i've done some research on the net but found that vnc tends to copy some files over to the hdd when you use it...anyone have any ideas...like maybe there's a vnc clone out there that i haven't heard of that allows you to access vnc connections (without actually being vnc). I'm not looking at hacking a connection, i just have a work laptop that i can't install software to...and i want to access my home torrent box to run my downloads, when i'm away from home.

My other option is of course...is the thread topic...run a live linux distro with vnc included and up and running.

is there a way to administrate (SIC) vnc connections securely through a web based gui??....there's an idea.

i don't want to hijack the thread here...but i need a reliable vnc distro if you like, for usb. Yknow like portable....

i've done some research on the net but found that vnc tends to copy some files over to the hdd when you use it...anyone have any ideas...like maybe there's a vnc clone out there that i haven't heard of that allows you to access vnc connections (without actually being vnc). I'm not looking at hacking a connection, i just have a work laptop that i can't install software to...and i want to access my home torrent box to run my downloads, when i'm away from home.

My other option is of course...is the thread topic...run a live linux distro with vnc included and up and running.

is there a way to administrate (SIC) vnc connections securely through a web based gui??....there's an idea.

Utorrents web gui, ShowMyPC Portable, ChrisControl Portable, or Scode web VNC.. Im not to sure about Scode so be cautious.

**EDIT

Even realVNC have a place for thatRealVNC Java Viewer