Mobile os/hacking

mxlr

Hey i was messing with a track phone and i got a sweet idea, what if you programmed or installed a new os like ms dos or something of that nature that would make the phone like an old computer and since its a track phone you could get it for about 10 dollars. I don't know anything about this but i think it would be a good idea, does anyone know if this is possible? ;)

Hey i was messing with a track phone and i got a sweet idea, what if you programmed or installed a new os like ms dos or something of that nature that would make the phone like an old computer and since its a track phone you could get it for about 10 dollars. I don't know anything about this but i think it would be a good idea, does anyone know if this is possible? ;)

Mobile phones often use a MIPS or ARM architecture. It would be impossible for MS-DOS to run on these architectures without an emulator. It may be possible to compile FreeDOS for them, there would likely problems with hardware compatibility.

i bought a tracfone today and will start researching for solution to add software and info about the os if anyone would like to help with this prodject my msn is Jamm.er@hotmail.com (now im off to google!) :D