Single Mother Gets RIAA Suit Dismissed, Sues Them Right Back

digip

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...82042959954.htm

Snippt:

After being sued by the music industry for stealing songs and winning the case's dismissal, Andersen is now taking the record industry to court. Her case is aimed at exposing investigative practices that are controversial and may be illegal, according to the lawsuit. One company hired by the record industry, she claims, snoops through people's computers, uncovering private files and photos, even though it has no legal right to do so. A different industry-backed company uses tactics similar to those of debt collectors, pressuring people to pay thousands of dollars in settlements even before any wrongdoing is proven. In Andersen's case, the industry's Settlement Support Center said that unless she paid $4,000 to $5,000 immediately, it would "ruin her financially," the suit alleges.

See the link for more.

big Dollars = Big law suits

I think I would have given in to the RIAA THe minuet thay contaced me because they have all the money in the world to sue me and pay there high waged lawers.

big Dollars = Big law suits

I think I would have given in to the RIAA THe minuet thay contaced me because they have all the money in the world to sue me and pay there high waged lawers.

But if your not guilty (if you are, then thats another story) why bow down to the RIAA? They used methods of spying on the defendent when they had no legal search warrant or permission to access their machine, and they never proved that the defendent shared any copies of the files in question.