G-Stress

So I'm following this tutorial here:

http://www.neophob.com/serendipity/index.p...l.html#extended

I execute this on the machine I want to tunnel through at home

c:>ptunnel -v 4 -c "DeviceNPF_{EED408B...}"

This on my lap-top which I'm trying to tunnel to the machine at home

C:>ptunnel -p <SERVER1> -lp 8000 -da <WEB-PROXY> -dp <PORT> -v 4

Where:

SERVER1              = home/wan ip with forwarded port 8000 to home machine.

WEB-PROXY        = proxy server address (proxy4free.com)

PORT                    = Port proxy server is using.

Then I enter in my LAN Settings to use localhost for proxy and port 8000. Now It appears to all be working I just wanna make sure I understand what exactly is going on. So basically what is happening is it connects to my home pc via port 8000, also binds that port to my lap-top/localhost and routes all the traffic through a selected proxy on my pc at home via the binded port 8000?

Also is there a way to run this as a service instead of manually running the commands when I want to do this or writing a .bat script?

Thanks in advance.

autoexe.bat - I forget where it is, but just add those commands to that script, and they will run on log on, or on start (I forget)

This should work, unless it calls another script, because the other script will not be processed on boot, canceling out the effect of the file itself.

If you're using XP, autoexec.bat won't help because it isn't used in XP.

Open your c drive. Goto tools, folder options, view and un-check "Hide Protected Operating System Files" and check "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Click apply.

What files do you now see? There should be an EMPTY autoexec.bat file there for backwards compatibility, but its hidden. ;)

What files do you now see? There should be an EMPTY autoexec.bat file there for backwards compatibility, but its hidden. ;)

Quite - I know it's there, and why.  nicatronTg recommended putting commands in there, assuming it would run them automatically.  I was simply pointing out that this would be futile if the OS is XP.

I was simply pointing out that this would be futile if the OS is XP.

Very true. I just thought maybe you meant it wasnt used in windows xp at all because it does not have one.

It only accepts certain commands related to 16bit programs, so putting normal bat commands to exe files will not run anything.I think think the only thing its used for is setting path variables to 16bit programs or something along that line, but its not going to autorun any exe files or load device drivers as these are handled by Autoexec.nt and Config.nt.

If he wants it as a Service, use the SC command in a cmd window and make a new service for it to autostart with windows. Someone else might be able to help in that department, as I am not the best with the SC setups. Doing this manually through the registry can  f*ck things up very quickly, so I would just use a bat script. Its the simplest way I can think of.

I would just create a bat file somewhere with the commands and place or put a shortcut to it in the startup folder.

Quite - I know it's there, and why.  nicatronTg recommended putting commands in there, assuming it would run them automatically.  I was simply pointing out that this would be futile if the OS is XP.

:0, forgot about the XP problem. Autoexe was used for %PATH% and other variable related commands. I hate when I do that.