mod chips

joel

I notice  you got that ds chip, that is not what I was asking about, what I am asking about is how to mod 5 xbox's to geather or 360's and make a cluster with them, then they would take over the cpu processes over you'r xp gaming system to make you'r system run at maxed out speeds? I do want to have this done, do you guys know how and where I can get the fully custom systems for this? How ever if I do, do this, this would take atleast one month per system or two, due to lack of funds

I'm not entirely sure what you want to do, but I can assure you that a cluster will not make your games run faster. Its only good for parallel processing (i.e something were the task can be split into work units and farmed out as and when slots become free, like rendering video) and games don't work that way (each task is performed one after another). You would also have the problem of huge latency between each system, rendering the entire thing useless even if you could make a game run on it. In short, spend your money on a faster graphics card.

if u want this to be running windows based games (i dont fully undestad the question) but if it is for windows gaming, then theres no point, just buy 2 Nivida 8800GTX GFX cards, set them up in SLI, and run Vista on the box (for DX10) and u will be able to run any game released and being released on highest GFX settings, then all u need is 4Gb of ram, and anythin > than a 2.4G C2D, and u have a beast of a gaming machine, anythin more is overkill and wont be used.

Oh Btw, with the GFX cards, ur going to need atleast a 24" High qual Monitor just to notice the difference btwn good GFX and hightest GFX.

Ur looking at spending about $1.2k for the 2 GFX cards, about $300 for the 2.4G C2D, $300 for a nice SLI mobo, $350 for a generic pack of 4Gb DDRII 800, throw in a burner, HDD, case, PSU, and ur looking at spending about $2.5k on the system.

These prices are in OZ, but say u go ur way, and hack togheter 5 Xbox360 systems, each system being at 500$ AUS, ur looking at $2.5k. So its just easier to build a new PC, as well as the PC is possible, the Xbox not so.

That is two posts of his that I am still trying to understand. There is a question in there some where trying to get out, but I think I need to consult a book on how to translate n00b to english.

I notice  you got that ds chip

You "who"?

not what I was asking about

to whom?

I am asking about is how to mod 5 xbox's to geather or 360's and make a cluster with them, then they would take over the cpu processes over your xp gaming system to make your system run at maxed out speeds?

I think you are tyring to say you want to max out your pc by using your xbox? Is this correct? I think what you need to max out your PC is the hardware in your pc. Upgrade the componenets, like extra memory, fans/cooling, power supply, graphics card, etc.

Like Vako said, clusters are for breaking up the work among other pc's to get a job done faster without spending money on larger components, you use many smaller components combined to get it done just as fast if not faster. Think along the lines of folding@home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

I don't see how an XBOX or 360 would be able to handle the graphics and cpu controls of your pc, but multiple cpu's or graphics cards in one pc might be what your looking for.

Question, did you by any chance translate your question from French to English?